Eastern Asset Funding Greenwich, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $115,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Eastern Settlement Funding (“ESF”) is a leader in the litigation finance industry and is part of Eastern Asset Funding, a two-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. ESF is recruiting an accounting manager to its finance team located in Greenwich, Connecticut. The accounting manager will plan and direct all operational accounting functions at ESF and its operating and financing subsidiaries, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, analyze accounting and internal control systems, and optimize the use of existing financial systems to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the accounting team.
ESF is seeking an honest, reliable leader who will motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude, rolling up their sleeves to get work done, managing self and others with a sense of urgency and accountability, and offering remarkable client services. ESF expects its Accounting Manager to challenge the status quo, to improve the way work is done, and to encourage creativity throughout their area of responsibility.
- Manage the month-end and year-end close process for multiple legal entities, including preparation of account reconciliations and supporting workpapers.
- Prepare internal management reports for senior management on a monthly basis. Assist with the preparation of key performance indicator reporting on a monthly basis.
- Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, and controls.
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as requested.
- Supervise accounts payable function.
- Prepare individual legal entity and consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement variance analyses versus plan and prior period actuals.
- Coordinate audit processes (external audit and lender business reviews), including the preparation and/or review external audit requests.
Budgeting and Strategic Planning
- Liaise with senior management to identify key inputs required in the budget and reforecast process (sales forecasts, headcount and hiring initiatives, capital project expenditures).
- Prepare annual financial plans and reforecasts for multiple legal entities with multi-scenario analysis.
- Ensure operating margin and growth targets are achieved.
- Assist with processing of client payments (via ACH, wire or physical check) and repayments.
- Reconcile operating, collection and lockbox accounts on a daily basis.
- Prepare daily cash management reports.
- Supervise Treasury Analyst.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- 5-7+ years of progressive accounting experience, mix of public / private preferred
- CPA is a plus, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of GAAP Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Xero general ledger software packages is a plus.
- High attention to detail and produces work with a high level of accuracy
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Position based in Greenwich, CT and will require occasional travel to New York City
The position listed here is for Eastern Settlement Funding ("ESF"), Eastern’s settlement advance originator and servicer. ESF is a leader in the litigation funding industry and is staffing up in multiple departments to support growth. ESF operates out of its Greenwich, Connecticut headquarters.
Eastern Asset FundingWhy Work Here?
We are at ight-knit team with big goals and great momentum
Eastern is a young and rapidly growing family office with an investment portfolio focused on litigation-related assets such as settlement advances and loans to law firms. Eastern is a two-time Inc. 5000 honoree, including ranking as the 58th fastest-growing private company on the 2021 list. The position listed here is for Eastern Settlement Funding ("ESF"), Eastern’s settlement advance originator and servicer. ESF is a leader in the litigation funding industry and is staffing up in multiple departments to support growth. ESF operates out of its Greenwich, Connecticut headquarters.
Finance and Insurance