Immediately hiring in Carrollton, Texas at Easterseals North Texas. Join us for an exciting career as a Junior Instructor. Great job opportunities, Weekdays Monday-Friday, with Full-time and Part-time positions available.
Mission: To change the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people's lives every day. www.Easterseals.com/northtexas
Easterseals North Texas helps more than 4,500 individuals every year become more independent. Our therapists, job coaches, and other professionals make profound differences every day in the way people live, learn, work, and play. As a part of the community since 1939, we deliver high-quality, customized care to our neighbors.
Job Title: Junior Instructor
Location: North Texas
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: $13.00 an hour
Working under the direction of the BCBA and the Assistant Case Manager, the Junior Instructor will utilize Incidental Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) techniques and developmentally appropriate guidance with children 6 weeks to 6 years of age. The Junior Instructor functions as an integral part of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team, providing ABA therapy and care to children
Essential Job Functions:
- Works under the supervision of the BCBA and the Assistant Case Manager, with each assigned child in the center on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Remains in visual proximity of all assigned children.
- Uses appropriate instructional materials, which would benefit the child's attainment of skills in all domains as established by the BCBA and the Program Director.
- Provides feedback to the BCBA, Assistant Case Manager, and family on interactions with the child; however, does not offer treatment suggestions to the family.
- Collects and graphs data on a daily basis and keeps accurate, up to date summary data as agreed upon by program personnel in a timely manner.
- Records, completes and maintains all client progress reports and documentation, in compliance with Easterseals North Texas policy and procedure and all other applicable standards, requirements, laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensures client and family confidentiality by complying with Easterseals North Texas policy and procedure, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accessibility Act) requirements, and any other privacy requirements as may be specified by referral sources, funders, or other licensing and regulatory entities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. This job description is not deigned to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
Experience and Education:
- High School degree or GED. Prefer individual enrolled in undergraduate program with emphasis on Behavior Analysis, Special Education,
- Prefer individual with Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification from the Behavior Analysis Certification Board.
- Preferred experience working with children ages 6 weeks to 6 years of age, or individuals diagnosed with autism.
- Work at a desk/computer for a minimum of five hours per week.
- Work well under the supervision of others.
- Transfer, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Walk, bend, squat, run, reach, crawl, kneel, twist.
- Handle fast-paced classroom with multiple priorities with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Current driver's license and proof of automobile insurance if travel in the North Texas area is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Diversity, M/F/D
Why Work Here?Easterseals provides exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Fantastic Company, Great Pay and Opportunities to Grow!