We are hiring in Central Texas! Join us at Easterseals Central Texas for an exciting career as a Director of Housing Programs.
Mission: To change the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people’s lives every day, www.Easterseals.com/centraltx.
Easterseals Central Texas began in 1937 as the Texas Society for Crippled Children. In 1949, a small building was dedicated as the Austin Cerebral Palsy Center serving a small population of Central Texas residents. Almost twenty years later, it became the Capital Area Rehabilitation Center, expanding its services, programs and persons served. Today, services are focused into multiple areas of care that create successful outcomes for clients from birth to advanced age.
Job Title: Director of Housing Programs.
Location: Central Texas
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
The Director of Housing Programs reports directly to the Chief Program Officer and is a member of the Housing Services department team. The Director of Housing Programs is responsible for: planning, organizing, HUD811 rental housing development, home modification activities and tenant based rental assistance programs. Specific operational priorities are identified in the annual Organization’s Operational Work Plan. The occupant of this position is guided by the Organizational Systems Manual (policies and procedures),multi-year Strategic Plan, Operational Work Plan, Organizational Calendar and team work expectations in the conduct of all professional activities. The occupant is expected to maintain skills and knowledge essential for successful job performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement activities and manage resources within approved budgets for successful administration of the Housing Services Department.
- Ensure that reports are submitted, and project and participant files are maintained in
- compliance with regulatory and funder requirements.
- Provide supervision, development and evaluation of department staff consistent with
- policies, procedures and operational work plan.
- Provide support to the program participants seeking home modifications and conduct
- home assessments for accessibility.
- Organize the selection of contractors for home modification assessments and
- rehabilitation activities and oversee construction projects.
- Direct the property management services by department staff for all rental properties.
- Coordinate all unit inspections and oversee development activities.
- Oversee tenant based rental assistance activities.
- Provide technical assistance in the area of accessible design and interpretation of
- disability laws.
- Serve as liaison to HUD, TDHCA and other housing funding agencies.
- Ensure that reports are submitted, and project and participant files are maintained.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. This job description is not deigned to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health, Human Services, Business or demonstrated equivalent experience in related field.
- Experience with housing programs and contract administration.
- Active license with Texas Real Estate Commission or certifications relevant to home inspection with a minimum of five years of experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V.
Why Work Here?Easterseals provides exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Fantastic Company, Great Pay and Opportunities to Grow!