MACHINE OPERATORS, From $18/hr - Tea Manufacturing
East West Tea Company LLC Eugene, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
If you enjoy a fast-paced, manufacturing setting producing a product that supports health and wellness, look no further! The environment we manufacture tea in is clean, open and bright! Our LEED certified facility is the only production facility like it in the world! All production is automated so our "operators" manage the machines that do the work. There is a variety of challenges to keep your mind busy and you are on your feet moving from one place to the next instead of standing in one place. If you would like to learn more about taking a raw product , managing it through packaging and quality to see if shipped and on the retail shelf, this position is for you! With amazing benefits, competitive pay, annual bonuses and a culture that supports positivity, sustainability and continued development opportunities, we exist to inspire!
Looking for those that want to build a long-term career, we are recruiting specifically to meet the demands of our GRAVEYARD shift, (Sunday - Friday, 10:30pm - 6:30am).
This position qualifies for the full range of company benefits, including amazing health, vision, dental and alternative care coverage, (employer pays 95% of all premiums!), life and disability coverage, flexible spending account options, supplemental insurance, employer profit sharing contributions to retirement and company bonuses. We are the first LEED Certified tea manufacturing facility in the world and are very proud of our efforts toward sustainability in our building, our community and abroad.
Machine Operators keep product moving through automated, high-speed equipment that takes the blended tea formulations and precisely transitions them into individual tea bags and then into cartons. Machine Operators closely monitor the process to insure quality, consistency and efficiency as the equipment runs. This position maintains documentation and records efficiency targets. Machine Operators closely partner with the Quality Control and Maintenance departments to maintain product integrity. Machine Operators demonstrate excellent attention to detail, safe and steady operation of machines on the production floor, and have good interpersonal communication skills.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Runs equipment to meet or exceed standard production rates with minimal packaging material scrap.
· Continually inspect tea bags and finished products to ensure that the product stream stays clean: error free, within specification, food safe and of high quality.
· Replenishes supplies, such as overwrap, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, wire, filter paper or labels.
· Communicates any hazards or unsafe actions to the lead immediately
· Observes machine operation to detect problems that impact quality.
· Makes adjustments to the machines as permitted and required.
· Ensures that reporting and tracking is complete, accurate and timely.
· Practices good housekeeping.
· Other duties as assigned by Lead Operators and Managers
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Understands General Manufacturing Practices
- Relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies for the protection of people, data, and property
- Following instruction
- Operating high-speed packaging equipment
- Basic math
- Understand and retain instructions and knowledge
- Attention to detail and thorough in completing work tasks in assigned order
- Learn and use computers and software
- Learn to operate a pallet jack and fork lift
- Focus on safety, quality, and policy
- Work effectively with coworkers in a constructive and positive manner
- Respect coworkers in actions and communication
- Communicate effectively with the Lead Operators and other team members
Proficiency in: Exact, MS Office and SharePoint
· Exposure to dust, noise, ambient temperatures and moving machinery.
· Dress code includes hairnet and/or beard guard and company issued uniform.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an 8-hour shift and sometimes longer with breaks
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 45 pounds
- Previous experience in a manufacturing production environment preferred but not required
- Basic math and computer skills
- 16 years of age *Available for some part-time and project work assignments
Must be able to attend work on a regular and reliable basis; show up on time and work overtime and weekends when requested.
East West Tea Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value and respect each person’s individuality and unique talents. We honor diversity and inclusion and look forward to the opportunity to review your qualifications for the job. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to East West Tea’s leadership and continued success in the natural tea category.
Please apply and include your resume and a cover letter if available, or simple contact information so we can quickly contact you about this position. Thank you for your interest in employment with East West Tea Company, LLC. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
East West Tea Company LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at East West Tea Company LLC