Pediatric Dentist – Part Time
East Valley Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving the East San Gabriel and Pomona valleys for the past 49 years. We are a mission-driven organization providing quality and accessible health care to our communities through our multi-practice facilities and excellent healthcare professionals. Our mission is to provide access to excellent health care while engaging and empowering our patients, employees and partners to improve their well-being and the health of our communities.
We have an exciting opportunity to bring onboard a pediatric dentist under the UCLA–First 5 LA Oral Health Program. The purpose of this program is to act as an in-house specialist to treat young patients (patients who are ages 0-5) who would have otherwise been referred out of the clinic. The position will serve in a training/teaching role with the goal of imparting their specialized knowledge to other members of the health center team. The pediatric dentist will be working closely with the Community Dental Home Coordinator (CDHC) to successful meet the goals of the UCLA–First 5 LA Oral Health Program.
Essential Position Functions and Duties:
- Develop and implement effective referral practices for young children within the clinic (i.e., from primary care medical providers to dental care providers).
- Ensures that the clinic creates an environment supportive of providing a “21st Century Dental Home”:
- Comprehensive oral health care services
- Comprehensive assessment for oral diseases and conditions
- Preventive dental health protocols based upon individually assessed risk
- Anticipatory guidance related to growth & development
- Plan for acute dental trauma
- Home care instructions regarding proper care of the child’s teeth and gingiva, including prevention, treatment of disease, and maintenance of health
- Dietary counseling and behavior change
- Referrals to dental specialists
- Responsible for the education of the primary care and ob-gyn medical staff on the significance and prevalence of early childhood caries.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years experience as a Pediatric Dentist
- DDS/DMD Degree
- Current California dental license in good standing
- Must possess a valid license to practice in California, DEA, and Board Certification.
- Current CPR card.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
East Valley offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, and defined contribution retirement plan. You will also enjoy work-life balance with paid time off and paid holidays throughout the year.
Please apply to this position with your current resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.