If you are you searching for a rewarding job opportunity within a community healthcare system driven by its mission of providing excellent health care to its patients, then, East Valley Community Health Center has an exciting job opportunity for you!
Through our five health centers in East San Gabriel and Pomona we have been providing healthcare to underserved communities for the past 48 years. Our patients benefit from comprehensive services including medical, dental, vision and mental health.
The Family Practice Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will provide primary care medical services in accordance to standard medical practice protocols. Under the supervision of their supervising or collaborating Physician the Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will:
Major Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Record the medical history and provide physical exams and follow-up care according to treatment plan and medical protocols.
- Provide individual patient instruction in accordance to prescribed treatment plan and medical protocols.
- Prescribe appropriate medications to patients as needed according to medical protocols and standard medical practice.
- Accurately complete all necessary charting according to clinic protocols and mandated by funding source guidelines and standard medical practice.
- Identify physical and dietary problems and refer to appropriate on-site and off-site resources.
- Consult with supervising/collaborating physician for patient evaluation as needed.
- Perform timely documentation/action within Electronic Health Record (EHR) including but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment plan, orders, medications, etc.
- Take timely action on pending EHR PAQ items
- Issue timely responses to E-Consult specialist reviewers.
- Bilingual Spanish
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited training program.
- Current license in the State of California as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Must relate well to all cultural; ethnic and socio-economic groups within the East Valley service area:
East Valley offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, and defined contribution retirement plan. You will also enjoy work-life balance with paid time off and paid holidays throughout the year.
Please apply to this position with your current resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.