Director of Clinical Services
East Texas Surgery Center Sulphur Springs, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for providing nursing and managerial expertise for planning, developing, coordinating, supervising and evaluating the care of patients in the Pre-op, Intra-op and Post-op departments. Assumes the responsibility for the enforcement of departmental policy and procedures and practices service philosophy standards in all aspects of job performance. Promotes positive and supportive work relationships with all members of the surgery center team.
1. Reports to the Administrator
2. Responsible to the Governing Body
1. Collaborates with Regional Vice President, Medical Director, Director of Business Services, Department Managers, Medical Staff, Medical Executive Committee, Nursing Staff, and Office Staff as necessary to promote positive teamwork.
2. Serves as a first line of administration for the clinical staff and assumes a significant responsibility for maintaining high quality nursing care, positive employee relations and effective communications.
3. Serves on Medical Staff committees to include: Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Infection Control, Surgery and Anesthesia, Tissue, Pharmacy and Credentials
4. Works cooperatively with all physicians utilizing the facility. Promotes positive relations with physicians and their office staff.
1. Operationally responsible for all clinical areas of the center.
- In conjunction with the Center Director, determines the plan for staffing, training and development of all clinical staff.
- Coordinates care of patients to comply with AORN and ASPAN Standards of Practice
- Assures the admission, transfer, and discharge of patients is appropriate.
2. Assures compliance with state licensure requirements, Medicare, accreditation requirements and all other state and federal regulations and/or guidelines
- Assures accurate, timely and legible completion of medical record by nursing personnel.
3. Implements and monitors programs, staff utilization, and staff development with respect to organization, fiscal management and social, political, professional and specialization trends in nursing practice and management.
4. Supervises and develops staff by the following
- Orients all new personnel
- Evaluates the progress of all new clinical hires
- Completes written performance appraisals on all staff
- Develops and assesses competencies for all staff
- Provides regular schedule for staff meetings and in-service education
- Keeps job related skills current through training, seminars, and continuing education.
5. Ensures the safety of all patients and personnel.
6. Oversees the management of materials and/or medical equipment.
- Assures preference cards are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Provides adequate amounts of supplies, instruments and equipment to facilitate surgical procedures in a cost efficient manner.
- Continuously learns new products, techniques and philosophies.
7. Maintains highly effective communication with physicians, managers and staff to ensure positive teamwork.
8. Assists administration in marketing and acts as liaison for surgery center in promoting community activities
9. Ensures adherence to the Policies and Procedures of the facility
10. Develops policies and procedures as necessary
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current and valid licensure as a registered nurse in the State
2. 5 years of clinical experience in OR or PACU
3. 3 years OR or PACU management experience preferably in ASC
4. Bachelor degree in nursing or relevant experience
5. ACLS/BCLS certification
6. Exceptional judgment, communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
7. CNOR or CPAN preferred
8. Trained in use of computers
1. Must exhibit desirable trunk and extremity mobility and strength to perform job duties.
2. Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds safely.
- Must be able to push gurneys with patient up to 400 pounds (2 people pushing gurney)
- Push wheelchair up to 400 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach overhead, and assist with physically transferring patients from gurneys to OR tables and wheelchairs and from wheelchairs to personal transportation.
3. Must be able to see and hear. Must speak English.
4. Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods.
5. Must be able to wear a lead apron.
In the work environment of the center, there may be potential exposure to communicable diseases, contaminated blood and body fluids, and hazardous materials. . Fluoroscopy is utilized which may expose the employee to radiation.
East Texas Surgery Center
East Texas Surgery Center provides premier, high quality outpatient same day surgical experiences to patients in Sulphur Springs, Texas, and surrounding areas. We provide an effective quality alternative to hospital-based surgery, which is specifically designed to provide safe and excellent care to all our patients. Our 13,000 square foot center features three gastrointestinal procedure rooms, three operating rooms and a 7-bed post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) for recovery.
1402 Medical DriveSulphur Springs, TX
HealthcareView all jobs at East Texas Surgery Center