Pharmacy Technician: 2 positions open for a licensed pharmacy technician with minimum 2 years of experience:
Job #1 Data Entry Pharmacy Technician:
· Knowledge of a prescription processing application and/or imaging software (to accept & read e-scribes/faxes); able to read, type and bill a script and process the claim with 3rd party plans accurately; able to resolve rejections effectively
· Able to calculate the billing of “short filling” to “full filling” re: cycled medications 28 or 30 day cycles prepared in multi-dose systems for long-term care specifically senior assisted living as well as hospice patients/home care
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with professionals i.e. nurses, doctors, etc.
· Daily fill and requirements of processing CII, CII, CIV medications
· Able to edit and print records MAR/POS/Control Disposition with current system (our system: MOT Medicine on Time)
· Responsible for incoming calls, voicemail and processing refills verbally
· Scheduled hours are for full time hours 35-40 hours with schedule flexible shifts to range between Mon-Fri 8-8., Sat 9-5, Sun 8-3 and weekend rotation required, holidays and inclement weather requirement
· Maintain logs using various applications i.e. Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, Word, etc.
Job #2 Field Specialist
This position would require a minimum 2 years experience as a licensed pharmacy technician. Any experience working “in the field” at an assisted living type setting working with records, med passes, nurses (such as a CNA) work history is a bonus.
Travel within the state of Connecticut required. Reimbursement for use of your vehicle paid by the mile. Duties require the Field Specialist to “check in” or take prepared and QA’d cycled medications by a pharmacist directly to a client (senior living facility) and work with nursing staff to compare medications to their current records.
· Foster and maintain favorable public relations, addressing concerns and observe and communication areas of opportunity. Effectively communicating to senior managements those issues not able to be resolved at the field service level that is communicated by our clients.
· Able to coordinate timely delivery of medications to a schedule on cycle deliveries on site working with nursing staff to match packed medications to current records independently.
· Able to accept project related tasks when assigned with regards to field work i.e. vaccination clinics, medbox audits, in-service training with wellness staff, etc.
· Knowledge of records MAR/POS & multi dose packaging systems, eMar experience i.e. Point Click Care, Matrix, Caremerge, etc., Medicine on Time a bonus but not required
· Travel to locations using personal vehicle on site and maintain record keeping for expense reimbursements on scheduled delivery dates independently or with a partner