Director of Accounting/Controller
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
East Point Energy develops standalone, grid-scale energy storage projects that enable a more renewable, resilient, and affordable electric grid. East Point is currently developing gigawatts of energy storage projects throughout the country and has transacted on several hundred megawatts with some of the largest, most sophisticated energy investors in the country. East Point Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Equinor, a leading company in the energy transition. With the backing of the financial strength and renewable energy expertise of Equinor, East Point is transitioning our company into a market-leading independent power producer.
The firm’s executive team founded East Point in 2018, bringing decades of combined energy development experience and over 1.8 gigawatts of solar, wind, and energy storage projects currently in operation across the United States.
East Point is technology and contractor agnostic, allowing us to find the best solution for each project. Our nimble team is comprised of hard-working, strategic problem solvers who are passionate about sustainability. Success for East Point is measured by delivering affordable energy storage solutions that benefit the grid, communities, and our environment.
East Point is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they feel they are fully qualified in every way. We also know that sometimes the best candidates do not check every box. If you are interested in learning more, we would love to hear from you.
Title: Director of Accounting/Controller
East Point Energy is seeking a Director of Accounting/Controller (title to be determined upon candidate's level of experience) to build an accounting team capable of meeting the complex accounting and tax needs of the company as it evolves from developer to developer/owner/operator. East Point and the project companies will require accounting, tax, and financial reporting under IFRS.
The Director of Accounting/Controller will report directly to the CFO. This individual must have strong leadership skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. This role will be responsible for building out, managing, and continuously improving the financial reporting system and accompanying processes, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete, and compliant with all relevant accounting and taxation principles.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hire/develop a skilled accounting and tax team
- Create and drive a rigorous accounting and control process
- Perform monthly closing and reporting to Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Provide consultation to internal business leaders to support decision making and to drive operational improvements
- Support the development and implementation of corporate tax strategy while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Manage annual audit preparation and liaise with external auditors
- Manage accounting and reporting software integration and coordinate ongoing utilization and continuous learning
- Solve problems with an analytic approach to data interpretation, engaging beyond a reporting mindset
- Translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels of the organization
- CPA required; public accounting training and audit experience preferred
- 10+ years of accounting/tax experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; energy industry experience preferred
- Experience monetizing federal renewable energy investment tax credits preferred
- Experience with the selection/implementation of a complex ERP system preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication; ability to communicate to audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience using Salesforce is preferred
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- Passion for energy development and the environment
- Creative problem-solving ability and solutions-oriented mindset
- Self-starter with a desire to succeed and a focus on creating value
- Team player and leader, proactive attitude
- Organized, attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and create support for development projects
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly and a bias for action
- Integrity and accountability
Travel & Time Commitment:
- Travel will vary, expect 10% of the time for conferences and accounting related meetings
- A typical workweek is 50-60 hours, depending on the needs of the projects
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k), 401(k) Employer Match
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Education, Parking, and Gym Membership Stipends
East Point Energy office in Charlottesville, VA
This job description is not inclusive of all requirements of the position. Employees will perform any other duties as may be required by their manager.
East Point Energy
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Energy Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.