Physical Education Teacher
East Hill Christian School Pensacola, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The PE Teacher position will require teaching Physical Education to Middle School boys (5x a wk). We are looking for an energetic individual with a positive attitude, and a great work ethic. A weight training class and one other elective will be a part of the assigned tasks.
The P.E. Teacher is the primary instructional delivery person for student health and wellness, and fitness and growth. The position is demanding, varied and complex. The educator must be collaborative, a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be well trained in P.E. content knowledge, and effective and engaging teaching strategies for middle school students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Measure student progress to encourage the mastery of school and state/national standards
- Celebrate individual and collective accomplishments by teaching the importance of self-improvement
- Create appealing lessons that implement a variety of methodologies
- Cultivate student awareness and ownership of personal performance
- Design, plan, and implement physical education lessons based on school and state/national standards
- Encourage teamwork as to set collective and personal development goals
- Ensure accommodations and modifications are made for the growth and development of all students
- Ensure that the physical education environment is clean, safe and constructive for all students
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual, dual and team sports
Competent and capable physical education teachers are professionals who:
- Are able to communicate their expectations to students and families and work with them to ensure they are achieving personal goals
- Consistently address the needs of individuals students
- Demonstrate the use of proven, research-based strategies for effective classroom management, lesson planning, active student engagement, and instructional delivery
- Support a school’s share vision and common goals regarding physical education and physical activity
Ongoing, daily duties of physical education teachers include:
- Employing a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media that is consistent with the physical limitations, needs, and capabilities of individuals students and/or groups of students
- Guiding students in maintaining acceptable standards of classroom behavior
- Maintaining records of individual student achievement and evaluating students on a continuous basis
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes at designated times
- Preparing for classes and maintaining weekly lesson plans
- Upholding and enforcing school policies and procedures
- Working with other members of the physical education staff to plan instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Maintains control of storage, PE equipment, recess equipment, locker room, and school property.
- Supervises students in and out of classroom.
The privileges of being a teacher far outweigh the struggles and obstacles along the way. To educate and mentor the next generation is a gift. To do this in a Christian School environment is even more thrilling because of the eternal nature of our calling. We can teach from a Christian perspective, and we can point students to Christ. Our small Christian school affords a great deal of one-on-one with an average teacher-student ratio of 1:16.
Teachers must have a 4-year college degree, and must be willing to apply for Teacher Certification through Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) after being hired. Teachers should have a degree in education or in their field of expertise. We will look at all candidates, including those with many years of experience, and those just starting out.
The position includes 10 months of teaching, 7:30am-3:30pm, with a week off at Thanksgiving, two weeks off at Christmas, 1 week off for Spring Break, and many other 1-day Holidays! Be ready to impact the world by teaching students that have so much potential. They are a work in progress. Be prepared to work with great colleagues and a supportive administrative staff. And finally, be ready to partner with the home, as we help teach the next generation of lawyers, doctors, missionaries, and statesmen.
Job Type: Full-time
Employer will cover 100% of dental and vision coverage.
Paid Time Off: 72 hours for full time employees.
Student Tuition and Registration covered 100% by Employer.
Employer covers six weeks paid maternity leave
East Hill Christian SchoolWhy Work Here?
Impacting our youth for eternity in a balanced environment is just one benefit of working on the East Hill team!
East Hill Christian School is a K-12 College Preparatory School serving Pensacola and the surrounding cities. The Mission of EHCS is to educate students morally, intellectually, and physically based on the Word of God in a loving, Christian environment.
1301 East Gonzalez Street Pensacola FL 32501Pensacola, FL