Information Technology Specialist III-IV (Data Processing-Applications)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $52,044 to $56,304 Yearly
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST III-IV
Hilo Medical Center, Data Processing-Applications | Hilo, Hawaii | 100% Full-Time Equivalent with Benefits
SALARY: $52,044-$56,304per year ($4,337-$4,692per month); SR-20 and SR-22, BU:13
At Hilo Medical Center, a nationally-recognized Top-Performing hospital, Information Technology Specialists are valuable members of the Data Processing-Applications team. We are currently seeking an Information Technology Specialist III or IV to support our electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
Hilo is located on the east side of the island of Hawaii, and has a quaint, old-Hawaii, small town atmosphere. Our island offers amazing rainforests, waterfalls and beaches. The hospital staff is community-oriented and strive to provide competent and compassionate care to every patient that enters our doors.It is home to the Hawaii Community College, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, excellent schools and convenient shopping.
- 13 paid holidays each year (14 during election years)
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 21 paid sick days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
The function of the Data Processing-Applications Unit is to provide integrated, computer-assisted recording, classifying summarizing and transmitting, storing, and retrieving of clinical and management information.
The Information Technology Specialists primary duties are to analyze and evaluate independently assist with implementation, evaluation, end-user training, optimization, workflow analysis, maintenance and monitoring of the regions EMR systems, which includes all phases of build, design, and testing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyzing and Implementation
- Analyzes, evaluates and implements the most efficient and reliable analytical support and service to departments within the region, including solutions to various business and clinical problems on existing and future automated applications systems
- Manages, plans, develops, and assists with the installation of updates and maintenance of applications software systems and interfaces to current release/version acceptable levels
- Performs and coordinates the implementation of functional applications solutions including training, documentation and controls to insure secured and proper functioning of the systems.
- Communicates current and ongoing project results and status via oral and written reports to the appropriate regional personnel.
- Manages, plans, develops and assists with updates and maintenance of telecommunications systems and applications software systems/interfaces to current release/version acceptable levels.
- Provides the most efficient and reliable analytic and operational support and service to the regional facilities and their user departments.
User and Management Liaison
- Communicates current and ongoing research and findings, project status and reporting of various information systems activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
- Reviews, updates and maintains integrated information technology systems plans for various departments.
- Coordinates the standardization of applications and controls to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
**May be assigned standby on-call and may be required to work on shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.**
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE
EDUCATION:Bachelors degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university. Excess technician experience comparable to an Information Technology Support Technician II or higher or comparable positions may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:One and one-half (1 ) to two and one-half (2 ) years of progressively responsible work experience in computer systems analysis which involved the analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data; or stored computer programming experience which included participation in systems analysis.
MEDICAL/PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT:Offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination, which includes a drug screen and other regulatory medical requirements such as, but not limited to, two-step tuberculosis (TB) screen. The cost for physical examinations, except the cost for drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC).
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a Conditional Offer of Employment, all prospective newHHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS certificate prior to their start date
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ASSESSMENT:As part of our recruitment process for this position, we require candidates who do not currently work for our organization to take a series of pre-employment assessments after they have submitted their applications. Please look for an email confirmation containing instructions for the pre-assessment.
East Hawaii Region, Hawaii Health Systems Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?