Director of Nursing - Long-Term Care Relocation to Big Island, Hawaii
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Nursing opportunities
- Hale Ho’ola Hamakua (Honoka’a, Hawaii) – Critical Access Hospital & Long-Term Care
- Hilo Medical Center (Hilo, Hawaii) – Long Term Care
Salary: $140,000 - $155,000, commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance to the Hawaii (Big Island) available.
- 13 paid holidays each year (14 during election years)
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 21 paid sick days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
The East Hawaii Region of Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is searching for directors of nursing for two facilities – Hilo Medical Center’s Extended Care Department and Hale Ho’ola Hamakua, a critical access hospital and long-term care facility.
For each position, the organization is seeking a Registered Professional Nurse leader who is responsible for Nursing leadership, planning, human resource management, quality of health care, the allocation of financial, physical, and human resources, compliance with regulatory and licensing requirements, promotion of the hospital, emergency planning and ongoing management of the Hospital clinical operations within. Nursing Services include all nursing functions and personnel. In addition to assisting the Hospital Administrator on a daily basis, this position assumes the administrative functions during his/her absence.
Hale Ho’ola Hamakua is a 77-bed critical access hospital and long-term care facility located in the town of Honoka’a on the island of Hawaii, approximately one hour north of Hilo. The services at this facility include offering an Emergency Room that is available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
Hilo Medical Center’s Extended Care Department is a 35-bed long-term care facility located on the main campus of Hilo Medical Center, the regional center for the East Hawaii Region. Hilo Medical Center is a nationally-recognized, 5-star “Top-Performing” hospital.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines the overall philosophy and objectives of the Hospital Clinical services and interprets same to the staff.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's vision and values through actions and decisions by taking initiative, measurable risks, and assumes responsibility for actions taken.
- Provides leadership and direction of Hospital Clinical operations to ensure compliance with established objectives, Standards of Nursing Practice, and goals for quality care.
- Demonstrates continuous employee communication as a core management value in addition to proficiency in verbal and written skills. Communicates appropriately to individuals and/or groups and is sensitive to cultural factors.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Administrator, nursing leaders, and other department heads and subordinates.
- Maintains high ethical professional standards and conducts self accordingly.
- Participates in short-term and long-range financial planning. Ensures that goals and plans of assigned areas adhere to the financial and strategic goals of the organization.
- Establishes staffing requirements to ensure appropriate staffing of Hospital Clinical Operations to meet the needs of patient care. Maintains and directs a staff education program for orientation, continuing education, and skill training programs for personnel.
Education: Graduation with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university preferred. Evidence of continuing education should be demonstrated including course work in nursing.
Experience: Ten to fifteen years of long term care nursing experience with sufficient previous nursing administrative experience.
Certification: Certification in Advanced Nursing Administration is highly desirable.
Licensure: Possession of a license to practice as a professional nurse in the State of Hawaii.
MEDICAL/PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment physical examination, which includes drug screen and other regulatory medical requirements such as, but not limited to, two-step tuberculosis (TB) screen. The cost for physical examinations, except the cost for drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ASSESSMENT: As part of our recruitment process for this position, we require candidates to take a series of pre-employment assessments after they have submitted their applications. Please look for an email confirmation containing instructions for the pre-assessment.
East Hawaii Region (Hilo Medical Center, Hale Ho’ola Hamakua and Ka’u Hospital) is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Hawaii Region, Hawaii Health Systems Corporation
Get fresh Director of Critical Care jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.