Director of Nursing, Long-Term Care
- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
DIRECTOR OF NURSING, LONG-TERM CARE
Hilo Medical Center, Nursing Administration – Long Term Care | Hilo, Hawaii | 100% Full-Time with Benefits (Exempt)
Salary: $140,000 - $155,000, commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance available.
- 13 paid holidays each year (14 during election years)
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 21 paid sick days per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
This position is located in the Extended Care Administrative Section of Hilo Medical Center.
The Director of Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for Nursing leadership, planning, human resource management, quality of health care, the allocation of financial, physical, and human resources, compliance with regulatory and licensing requirements, promotion of the hospital, emergency planning and ongoing management of the Hospital clinical operations within. Nursing Services include all nursing functions and personnel. In addition to assisting the Hospital Administrator on a daily basis, this position assumes the administrative functions during his/her absence.
About Hilo Medical Center
When it comes to caring for your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues, Hilo Medical Center is always ready to deliver exceptional and compassionate care. Hilo Medical Center is a nationally recognized “Top Performing” 5-star hospital located on the island of Hawai’i. Hilo Medical Center is part of the East Hawaii Region (EHR) of Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, which also includes Ka’u Hospital, Hale Ho’ola Hamakua, the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home and the network of primary and specialty clinics within the East Hawaii Health Clinics. To learn more about our recent accomplishments, view our Video Yearbook.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines the overall philosophy and objectives of the Hospital Clinical services and interprets same to the staff.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's vision and values through actions and decisions by taking initiative, measurable risks, and assumes responsibility for actions taken.
- Provides leadership and direction of Hospital Clinical operations to ensure compliance with established objectives, Standards of Nursing Practice, and goals for quality care.
- Demonstrates continuous employee communication as a core management value in addition to proficiency in verbal and written skills. Communicates appropriately to individuals and/or groups and is sensitive to cultural factors.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Administrator, nursing leaders, and other department heads and subordinates.
- Maintains high ethical professional standards and conducts self accordingly.
- Participates in short-term and long-range financial planning. Ensures that goals and plans of assigned areas adhere to the financial and strategic goals of the organization.
- Establishes staffing requirements to ensure appropriate staffing of Hospital Clinical Operations to meet the needs of patient care. Maintains and directs a staff education program for orientation, continuing education, and skill training programs for personnel.
Education: Graduation with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university preferred. Evidence of continuing education should be demonstrated including course work in nursing.
Experience: Ten to fifteen (10-15) years of long term care nursing experience with sufficient previous nursing administrative experience.
Certification: Certification in Advanced Nursing Administration is highly desirable.
Licensure: Possession of a license to practice as a professional nurse in the State of Hawaii required at time of hire.
MEDICAL/PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment physical examination, which includes drug screen and other regulatory medical requirements such as, but not limited to, two-step tuberculosis (TB) screen. The cost for physical examinations, except the cost for drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. After receiving a conditional offer of employment, all prospective new HHSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees are required to provide confirmation of their full vaccination status by presenting their CDC vaccination card or VAMS Certificate prior to their start date.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ASSESSMENT: As part of our recruitment process for this position, we require candidates who do not currently work for our organization to take a series of pre-employment assessments after they have submitted their applications. Please look for an email confirmation containing instructions for the pre-assessment.
East Hawaii Region, Hawaii Health Systems Corporation
Get fresh Nursing Home Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!