East Hawaii Medical Group Hilo, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General description of duties and responsibilities
Pharmacy Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organizing and supervision of operational and clinical duties in the Vaccine Clinic related to patient centered satisfaction, patient flow and efficiencies. The Pharmacy Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring the day to day activities of the clinic site and is responsible for the direct supervision, actions and needs of the clinic staff.
It is the expectation that the Clinical Manger will work diligently to meet goals and achieve success in regard to the Center with emphasis on provider productivity, patient centered satisfaction and adequate patient work flow and to efficiently meet the performance measures of benchmarks, targets time expectations and error tolerances
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the clinical and clerical staff.
- Responsible for effectively managing overtime to minimize cost.
- Responsible for the daily, morning team huddle providing clear expectations and instructions to efficiently lead the day’s operations.
- Responsible for reporting/submitting COVID vaccine data to requested leadership and government agencies
- Responsible for tracking, inventory, and temperature monitoring of the vaccine.
- Collaborates with clinical and clerical staff to identify operational problems and strives to resolve these in a professional and timely manner.
- Responsible for providing Administration with information and reports as needed.
- Provides an objective and honest evaluation of staff at 30, 60, 90 days employment and annually as required by Human Resources.
- Will participate in Committees as requested by Administrative leadership.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, planning, implementing and monitoring procedures and processes.
- Responsible for monitoring, inspecting and reporting safety hazards, facility needs and recommended improvements.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly site inspections and conducts all required drills and inspections.
- Assures new employees are trained on regulations, environment of care and infection control policies and conducts the safety walk through for new employees.
- Ensures an appropriate environment for the administration of health care by assuring that rooms, station, all equipment, and other work areas are kelp in a clean, safe, orderly fashion.
- Responsible for the consistent monitoring of flow between front office, other clinical staff to assure efficient use of staff time and room capacity.
- Responsible for interacting with customers assuring patient centered care is provided.
- Responsible for adhering and enforcing Agency policies to staff regarding appropriate dress code, professionalism, courtesy and punctuality.
- Responsible for assuring staff are not involved in “social networking” such as texting, cell phones, twitter, Facebook, internet usage, etc. during work hours.
- Responsible for timely approval of directly supervised staff payroll
- Responsible for determining proper daily staffing and schedules staff according to needs.
- Responsible for clerical and clinical ordering of supplies/equipment according to purchasing policies, monitors utilization of supplies and oversees spending to assure budgets within limits.
- Expected to maintain a working relationship with supervised staff and have the ability to discuss employee behaviors and performance in a professional and supportive manner and to follow discipline procedures as necessary.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, evaluating performance and implementing disciplinary actions regarding staff.
- Understanding, promoting and educating clinical staff on all HMC policies and clinical protocols.
- Collaborates to coordinate training for clinical staff as necessary, based on needs and established protocols.
- Responds to all emergency situations.
- Identifies incidents, sentinel events and patient complaints and reports these according to the established protocols within the time defined by policy, providing supporting documentation.
East Hawaii Medical Group
HealthcareView all jobs at East Hawaii Medical Group