Communications and Marketing Specialist
East Hartford Public Schools East Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
East Hartford Public Schools presents an opportunity for a creative yet detail-oriented professional to join our district level team as a Communications and Marketing Specialist. This highly visible role has been created to not only support data acquisition and analysis, but to
develop content and present analysis through various internal and external channels. This unique role combines technical tasks with creative development flexibility and the ability to produce a tangible and visible work product through public facing communications such as the EHPS
website, school websites, and social media. The Communications and Marketing Specialist will be able to make a significant impact on the EHPS “brand” while building upon their personal skillset, allowing for the potential for future growth within the organization.
Our ideal candidate has a business-oriented mindset developed through experience from any related industry background such as communications, marketing, business management, public administration, or economics where skills were developed to gather data and information, interpret and develop into content, and publish and present through multiple types of media to different audiences. The ability to clearly present information and provide conscise guidance to others, including senior-level administrators, is needed to succeed in this role. This position is by design part analysis, part production/development, so candidates have to excel at both. The Communications and Marketing Specialist must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, utilize a variety of technology platforms, and maintain a vision that there is always room for improvement in any process or program.
Even though East Hartford Public Schools is a large organization of over 1,400 professionals, we pride ourselves in our ability to remain nimble and flexible to changing environments and providing personal service. The Communications and Marketing Specialist will have the rare opportunity to guide the delivery and presentation of the EHPS vision and work across functions on a variety of projects and initiatives. If this sounds like the next career move for you, please “Apply” through ZipRecruiter, being sure to provide a detailed cover letter expressing your interest in the position and how your skills and experience have equipped your for success in this role. Candidates who are determined to be a potential fit will be contacted with next steps. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business management, public administration, economics, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a role where forward-facing communications were developed and published in coordination with functional units.
- Experience with website publishing, organization, and copy development.
- Strong organizational skills and effective problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Effective and accurate verbal and written presentation and communication skills as well as proofreading work of others or producing copy to meet presentation needs of other units.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and analyze complex data sets including performance metrics, student achievement outcomes, and financial statements in order to ascertain trends, patterns, and projections, and present reports and findings to a diverse audience.
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations.
- Possession of human relations skills to work with all staff as a team player.
- Well-rounded operational knowledge of business functions.
- High level of competency with utilizing publishing applications and software platforms, including social media, web publishing, and Microsoft and Adobe produces.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
JOB GOAL: Effectively manages the District’s brand and image through the creation and publication of marketing, performance, and organizational communications as well as consistently maintaining content across platforms.
- Develops and publishes presentations and district communications through a variety of channels as appropriate to meet the needs of the District.
- Analyzes data and reports (including but not limited to financial, student data, State compliance, performance) and synthesizes data into presentation form.
- Creates and organizes content on the District’s website, including the addition, deletion, revision, organization, and accessibility compliance.
- Serves as the “brand manager” for the district to ensure consistency of communications,
- marketing, and presentations.
- Engages and works with outside contractors or internal resources in the fields of graphic design, web development, and other digital or print media
- Interfaces with media outlets and develops press releases.
- Manages the District’s social media presence and coordinates outreach campaigns to various stakeholders, including families, legislators, and staff.
- Manages various special projects and initiatives undertaken by all divisions throughout the district relating to marketing, communications, and performance management.
- Serves as the coordinator and District contact for State and Federal compliance, performance, and data collection/analysis reports.
- Works across divisions and departments to obtain data for analysis.
- Assumes such other functions as may be determined and/or assigned by supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Seven hours per day, twelve-month year.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Non-Certified Staff.
East Hartford Public Schools
AddressEast Hartford, CT
BusinessView all jobs at East Hartford Public Schools