WE ARE GROWING!! We are looking to add a new team member to our growing practice!! Motivated and energetic Expanded Duties Dental Assistant wanted!! If you have strong communication skills, enjoy working with your hands as well as your mind and want a career with responsibility, dental assisting is for you!
The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary, responsibilities may include:
- assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- taking and developing dental x-rays
- asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Great benefits available after 90 day of Full Time employment.