Supervises Accounting and Payroll personnel and provides financial, administrative and clerical support. In addition to clerical and managerial work, accounting supervisor also participates in basic accounting functions, such as entering and reconciling payroll, maintaining financial records, and recording treasury transactions. The supervisor maintains regulations and laws of accounting procedures and carries out financial auditing procedures.
- Assesses accuracy of accounting data, fielding questions directed at accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, keeping track of records and processing transfers.
- Assists with processing payroll, reconciling accounts and resolving payroll issues.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Work with Treasury function to ensure and record transactions.
- Prepares journal entries and maintains supporting documentation.
- Assists with the preparation, verification, and processing of customer invoices, reconciling customer accounts, resolving discrepancies, and entering customer invoices into Accounting software.
- Assists with Project management by reconciling contract values and identifying account discrepancies.
- Conducts internal credit card reconciliation when required.
- Accomplishes accounting human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Supports annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Supervisor
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. CostPoint)
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- A strong understanding of Job Cost Accounting and project management is required
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations, including GAAP and FAR
- 2 or more years of experience processing payroll
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and coming up with solutions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must pass a drug test and background check
Ability to lift 20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
This is NOT a physically demanding position and may accommodate most physical disabilities. There may be occasional lifting of office materials or files weighing not more than 20 pounds. Physical dexterity may be required when operating calculators, copiers, computers and/or other typical office equipment.
Known Hazards: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
This position works on the job site and in the office. There is exposure to hostile environments, loud noises, hazardous chemicals/fumes and airborne particles, smoke, extreme temperatures moving mechanical parts: high, precarious places. During work-site visits will be required to wear appropriate PPE including, but not limited to: hard hat, ear plugs or attenuator, safety shoes, dust mask or respirator, and gloves.
Full benefits available to include: Medical/Dental/Life/STD/LTD/PTO
Please apply now.
East Coast Repair and Fabrication, LLC.
Why Work Here?East Coast Repair and Fabrication has been a leading force in the marine, industrial and commercial sectors since 1999. We have an established and proven track record with the United States government and team with some of the most respected marine and industrial companies across the nation.
Room for growth and great benefits.