East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. is recruiting for an orthotic fitter position to work Monday - Friday in the Buffalo region. This position is Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm, but also has an alternating weekend and weekday on-call schedule.
East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. offers:
- Competitive pay (based on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
- AFLAC and Allstate Plans available
- 401K Plan
- PTO and Holidays
- Opportunities for internal career advancement in a growing and competitive industry
Responsibilities of an Orthotic Fitter :
- Performs procedures in the office or hospital setting, as prescribed by the physician and supervised by clinical manager.
- Administers orthotic braces and devices to clients with relativity stable conditions. Instructs, motivates, and assists clients in learning and improving functional activities.
- Instructs patient and family members on the proper use of devices. Helps client utilize the resources of their community and family.
- Reports changes in the client’s condition to the supervising clinical manager.
- Prepares clinical notes and progress reports, documenting treatments performed, and submits them for review to the supervising clinical manager.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a Plus
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Previous Experience Bracing and Casting Preferred
- Superior Customer Service
- Ability to Understand and Meet Patient and Physician Needs
- Excellent People Skills, Strong Attention to Detail
- Ability to Multi-task Essential
- Must Be a Team Player With a Positive Attitude
- Must be able to work scheduled on-call weekends and evenings
- Must be willing to learn, be very flexible, possess excellent communication skills and be a team player with a desire to grow in the healthcare field.
- Must also have knowledge of human anatomy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop good interpersonal relationships with patients, staff and other healthcare providers and the ability to work with patients in a hospital or office setting
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and willing to work physicians’ hours
- Must be physically capable to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout the facility as needed.
- If an ATC, must have solid knowledge of principles and practices of athletic training.