We are recruiting for healthcare experienced and/or educated individuals looking for an exciting career as a Prosthetic Insurance Verification Representative / Customer Service Representative. This position will be based in New York City, working within an office setting.
East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. offers:
- Competitive pay (based on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
- AFLAC and Allstate Plans available
- 401K Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holidays
The position is Full Time, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm and located in New York, NY.
Essential Functions, but not limited to:
- Enter patient demographics, insurance information, work order, prescription, notes and scan documents into Fastrack (software)
- Verify benefits with insurance carriers to obtain coverage information for items dispensed
- Calculate a patient’s deductible and co-insurance, when applicable, and educate the patient/caregiver of his/her financial responsibility
- Ensure that the patient chart is in compliance and sent to billing
- Answer daily telephone calls from staff/patients (Calls regarding patient balances/payments, patient appointments, and paperwork deliveries)
- Daily communication with clinical staff/practitioners, Team Leads and Purchasing Department
- Follow up on pending authorizations and on custom deliveries
- Make sure all clinical paperwork and prescriptions are obtained from the hospital staff, patients, etc.
- Coordinating patient appointments with clinical staff utilizing Google Calendar
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience working in orthotics and/or prosthetics
- Knowledge of medical reimbursement and terminology.
- Advanced computer skills including Windows-based office technologies (ex: Word, Excel) Gmail, Google Sheets and automated billing systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in basic math and accounting skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a Plus
- Work Experience in Medical Office / Hospital Preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Ability to Understand and Meet Patient and Physician Needs.
- Excellent People Skills, Strong Attention to Detail
- Must Exhibit Confidence Working in a Team and Individual Setting.