ECKCE Social Worker
ECKCE SOCIAL WORKER
QUALIFICATIONS: State license by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board; Licensed Masters Level Social Worker
REPORTS TO: Building principal and Director of Interlocal
JOB GOAL: Social workers employed by ECKCE provide direct and indirect counseling services, in the school setting, to qualifying students and their families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborates with students, school staff, families, and community agencies to provide an educational benefit to qualifying students.
- Participates in evaluations to identify family, health, developmental, emotional, and community elements that affect a student's ability to learn.
- Identifies those factors in the life of an exceptional student (home, school, community) that may impact his/her education.
- Applies knowledge and skills when working with exceptional students and families, individually or in groups, for the purpose of enhancing positive educational experiences.
- Consultation to the building student intervention teams in the general education problem-solving process.
- Communicates with the Director of Special Education, as appropriate, regarding evaluations, placement decisions, compliance adherence, and programming to promote the fluid delivery of services and supports.
- Provide and log social work support services, delivered to qualifying students, and bill for services to Medicaid for all qualifying students.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all members of the school district, cooperative, and community.
- Collaboratively monitor student progress and make informed, reasonable, and timely educational decisions.
- Collaborate with teachers in the development and implementation of appropriate classroom strategies.
- Consults with students and teams regarding learning and behavior challenges and assists with determining appropriate supports and resources.
- Engaging actively in building the tiered-structure of support at their schools.
- Prepares, manages, and updates scheduling for optimal delivery of services to students.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Others may be assigned
- Attends staff meetings scheduled by local school district and by the Interlocal.
- Attends programs and events related to school.
- Attends staff development activities as required by the Director.
- Accomplishes the goals and policies of the school district.
- Demonstrates ability to work on teams with other professionals.
- Demonstrates skill in meeting goals and objectives on students IEPs.
- Participate in the evaluation process through goal setting and observations.
Environmental conditions and noises are at moderate levels. Protective equipment may be required, such as gloves, for exposure control under limited circumstances.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT: As required by policy.
EVALUATION: In accordance with the Negotiated Agreement.
East Central Kansas Coop In EducationBaldwin City, KS
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.