- Posted: over a month ago
EAST BAY TIRE
A career at East Bay Tire provides a unique opportunity to work in a competitive environment full of challenges and fulfilling growth throughout the East Bay, Central Valley and Northern California. You'll have the chance to be part of our team to be creative and innovative in your role to meet the demands of an ever-evolving company and economic climate. You'll be involved in serving our communities, building lasting relationships, and be inspired by the best to grow in your career. Ours teams embrace challenge, we are very tenacious; the tenacity is what feeds our passion to be the best, but in the warehouse, we just call this True Grit.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Responsible for full cycle accounts payable processing including three-way match and review of invoices against purchase orders and warehouse receiving records and posting invoices to a/p system. Initiate and review vendor payment runs for accuracy and compliance to company policies. Reconcile vendor monthly statements. File claims for government pricing support, pricing discrepancies, shipment shortages and other types of claims. Assist with month-end and year-end close for accruals and reconciliation. Communicate with internal customers and outside vendors regarding invoice inquiries/discrepancies and payment/claim status. Maintain an updated and accurate vendor database. Participate in process improvement and automation initiatives. Assist in documentation of AP policy and procedures. This position will work on special projects as directed by the A/P Supervisor and perform other tasks as needed.
- Review and process bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce
- Perform various reconciliations including bank statements, prepaids, accruals and other general ledger accounts
- Review and reconcile company credit cards including collaborating across departments to obtain necessary support
- Handle bookkeeping for multiple related entities: retreading operation, logistics and single asset real estate holdings using QuickBooks
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Assist A/P team with vendor statement reconciliations, invoice, and payment processing
- Support various business filings including sales tax, business property tax, registration, and FET.
- Participate in process improvement and automation initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience or 2 years relevant work experience with a degree
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Accuracy and attention to details is a MUST
- Proven communication (verbal and written) skills including active listening and ability to explain things clearly and effectively both externally as well as internally.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is a must
- Use of ERP systems especially Microsoft Dynamics Nav software is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Mathematical ability to reconcile invoice/purchase orders and vendor monthly statements
- Self-motivated and self-managed - confidence to think and work independently, but responsive to team environment and collaboration.
- This position will work out of our Fairfield, California Corporate location.
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, ADD, Life, FSA and DCAP Benefit Options
- Generous 401k with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Annual Employee Christmas Trees, Tax Services, Tailgate and Tickets to events,
- Employee birthdays, mingles and lunches
- You'll have the opportunity to work with great people and make a real impact - while being your unique, authentic, self at work.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
- We grow together. We believe in supporting all employees with all the resources and tools to be successful. We invest in our people; we learn together, and we grow together. We celebrate OUR people, and we want each employee to have a long career with East Bay Tire.
- We focus on giving people our utmost attention. Building and keeping relationships, going above and beyond, and offering world class service is of utmost importance to each member of our team. We are proud of how we got to here and want to continue to build for our future.
- East Bay Tire promotes a work environment that encourages problem-solving, collaboration, and a culture of growth. We roll up our sleeves, we work together, and we support each other.
- We pride ourselves on having a very diverse team that matches our diverse customer base. WE have an inclusive culture, where different perspectives - professional and personal - are respected and welcomed.
- We pride ourselves on being a fast-paced company that recognizes talent and rewards hard work.
- We offer flexible work hours, a work environment that allows for work/life balance, a family focused approach, and competitive benefits and events that support employee wellness.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
- Work in an environment where there can be medium to loud noise
- Routinely use computer equipment including monitors, keyboards, etc.
- Frequently sit and stand to perform work, visit offices, attend meetings, and put supplies away, pack boxes or put materials together
- Ability to lift to 35 pounds
- Work flexible/varying schedule to support the team, customers, and deadlines
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
East Bay Tire is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS, EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES AND/OR VENDORS
Please note that East Bay Tire does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies or vendors. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, East Bay Tire will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without East Bay Tire's authorization, East Bay Tire without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of East Bay Tire. Verbal commitments from any East Bay Tire employees will not be considered binding terms. This applies to all East Bay Tire locations and offices. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiters and vendors to know this policy.
East Bay Tire Co.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?