Apply Here: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/HOTEB.jobs?ShowJob=335717056&TrackId=ZipRecruiter
Hospice East Bay provides compassionate end-of-life services to terminally ill patients in our community, while offering emotional, spiritual, logistical and bereavement support for their families and caregivers. Our vision is to build a diverse workplace that is both professionally stimulating and personally satisfying—an environment of collaboration, celebration, opportunity and growth.
HEB is looking for a Development Manager that is passionate about our patients, their families, and the community we serve. Come grow with us!
Reporting to the Vice President, Fund Development, the Development Manager plays a critical role in fundraising for Hospice East Bay program and services. The Development Manager will be charged with improving individual giving systems, supporting and performing direct fundraising through engaging, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors. This includes quarterly solicitation, year-end giving, fundraising newsletters and working with outside groups that support the agency. Will also be the lead manager of volunteers committee of the annual Celebration of Care event, and be the key person for solicitation of corporate sponsors, live and silent auction items and all printed collateral for the event. H/She will assist the VP of Fund Development in managing major donor solicitations, and providing support for the Planned Giving program. Person also manages the Donation Specialist.
- Manages all aspects of individual giving programs, including the annual appeals, quarterly Hospice Matters Newsletter by coordinating cultivation, engagement and solicitation
- Manages all aspects of corporate solicitation for the agency, including corporate sponsorship of our signature fundraising event, Celebration of Care
- Works closely with the Special Events Coordinator in solicitation of live and silent auction items for the annual Celebration of Care gala
- Supports major gift solicitations and estate planning initiatives
- Manages a portfolio of individual donors, employing strategic moves management to secure annual commitments, as directed by the Vice President, Fund Development
- Uses cultivation tools, including donor site visits, meetings and materials, to introduce, engage and inspire new individuals to Hospice East Bay mission and work, pulling in stakeholders including board members, CEO and VP of Fund Development
- Oversees website content for Celebration of Care, Tree of Lights and other fund development activities
- Manages the Donation Specialist by helping to perform strategic prospect research and develop effective meeting briefs for new and existing donors.
- With the support of the agency data analyst, pulls reports and mailing lists, and analyzes trends related to individual giving
- Ensures qualitative information is added to Donor Perfect by all fund development staff that follows best practices in the industry
- Supports other employees in the Fund Development Department to meet the needs and requirements of volunteers as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and outstanding ability to write and speak effectively, meet deadlines and interpret client needs and produce materials
- Must be a self-motivated, creative team player that is accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently
- Experience in fundraising concepts and general understanding of computer applications for fundraising (e.g. Donor Perfect)
Experience and Education
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and event planning, including events with multiple income streams such as corporate sponsorship, live and silent auction, and ticket sales.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivation and engagement of key fundraising volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Experience in donor management software
East Bay Integrated Care