Friendly, Customer Service Driven Front of House Employees Needed
East Bay Deli Columbia, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
General Manager/Manager on duty (M.O.D.)
NON-EXEMPT Full-time or Part-time, including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Provides customers with outstanding service in a timely manner.
- Hands-on store setting
- Work area includes food, stoves, knives, slippery floors, and possible extreme heat
Some experience in a retail, customer service or restaurant environment.
- Basic knowledge of cash register functions
- Ability to read company materials (e.g., recipes, charts, training materials, etc.)
- Successfully completed East Bay Deli training program
- Proven customer service skills
- Bend, stoop, and reach to receive inventory, stock, serve customers and clean store
- Carry up to 50lbs.
- Stand and walk on a hard surface for up to 12 hours a day
- Quickly identify safety placards and hazardous situations to avoid or minimize injuries
- Identify food quality through taste, texture, color, and odor
Essential Job Functions:
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, prepared salads and desserts, according to company standards
- Set-up, maintain, and/or break down salad bar according to company standards
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, cleaning restrooms, emptying trash cans, watering plants, etc. to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
- Wrap menu items, such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving, takeout, and deliveries
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and beverage station equipment.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Take customers' orders and correctly enter ordered items into the POS system, accept payment and make change, and give correct table numbers to customers when needed to identify filled orders.
- Serve salads and prepared food items, ladle soups and sauces, portion desserts
- Slice deli meat, cheeses, vegetables, etc. according to company guidelines
- Knowledge of all brands that we offer, including which items are gluten free
- Properly portion products, beverages, and paper supplies
- Maintain dining room cleanliness
- Package orders for dine-in, pick up, and/or delivery
- Accurately assemble orders
- Maintain efficient ticket times
- Communicate with other team members about product quality, product shortages, and customer comments
- Accurately ring up orders and make change
- Assume responsibility for all cash, coupons, and promotions
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of restaurant
- Follow all Federal and State mandates in regards to the sale of alcohol
Job Posted by ApplicantPro