East Bay Agency for Children, also known as EBAC, is looking for a talented and passionate individual with a commitment to social justice to join our incredible team. EBAC's mission - to improve the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities - motivates our amazing staff to create change for our program participants each and every day.
For 5 years EBAC has been named a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group, reflecting our supportive and fulfilling work environment. As an EBAC staff member, you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance through generous paid time off and excellent benefits. A career with EBAC will make you part of a well-established and respected agency with an inspiring team of people furthering a compelling mission.
**POSITION ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN ON BONUS
**EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
**CURRENT LOCATIONS BEING FILLED FOR: Newark, Hayward and Fremont.
East Bay Agency for Children (EBAC) has an opportunity for Clinical Supervisors throughout Alameda County to include: Berkeley, Oakland, San Leandro, Fremont, Hayward and Newark. The incumbent will report to the Program Director and plan, develop, direct and conduct supervision and training of the clinical staff which include trainees and graduate level interns.
Our Clinical Supervisors maintain relations with school personnel, reviews and monitors clinical charts, productivity and caseload goals, works collaboratively with the supervisory team, and collaborates with the Program Director and Clinical Coordinator to develop and guide the program. This position is full time with benefits.
To learn more about the variety of services that our Clinical Supervisors support at EBAC please visit our website at www.ebac.org/services/
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS
- MFT or LCSW clinical license with a master’s degree in counseling psychology or social work required; meet all BBS criteria for Clinical Supervisor.
- Experience with Medi-Cal clinical documentation.
- Ability to expeditiously utilize a web based database system for administrative functions.
- Prior experience working with low-income, diverse ethnic communities and multi-cultural school settings preferred.
- Prior experience in providing supervision of ASW and MFT Interns, trainees/graduate level interns at multiple sites preferred.
- Experience with computer functions and comfort with balancing both administrative and clinical supervision responsibilities.
- Experience with QA monitoring of clinical charts.
- Excellent supervisory, administrative, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supervising child and family clinical therapy.
- Language skills that include the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and field notes.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups including clinicians, teachers, parents.
- Ability to drive with valid driver's license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterisk are essential duties.)
- *Provides individual and/or group supervision to clinical staff as directed.
- *Gives input on training needs of clinical staff and provides trainings as requested.
- *Maintains relations with school site personnel, supporting clinical staff in their relationships at the school sites.
- Attends EBAC, County, and community meetings and trainings related to mental health service delivery and funding streams as needed.
- Works in conjunction with the management teams of other EBAC programs.
- Maintains compliance with State and local regulations, and with terms of contracts and grants, including school district contracts, EPSDT and ACMH contracts, and UR
- Assists Program Director and Clinical Coordinator with school and county communications regarding mental health services, and maximum generation of billing units.
- *Works with Program Director and Clinical Coordinator to manage attendance and preparation of files for monthly UR
- *Maintains ongoing and year-end review of clinical charts, to assure compliance with all contract, funding and privacy requirements.
- Supports staff in meeting program productivity and caseload goals.
- Provides direct crisis intervention services as needed, particularly in support of line staff.
- Works with the Program Support Specialist and Program Director to accomplish billing input and other administrative supports for the clinical staff. Keeps Program Director and Clinical Coordinator informed of these processes.
- Provides periodic employee evaluations to Clinical Coordinator and Program Director, as required, and assists in delivering feedback to supervisees.
- Monitors employee work schedules and informs Program Director of any issues, absences, and vacations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTINGS
- Work is in varied school locations in Hayward.
- Program headquarters is in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access to the other floors as needed.
- Because work is directly with children, full mobility is required for standing, walking, sitting, using hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Primary work is in challenging, under-resourced school settings, in neighborhoods impacted by poverty, community violence, crime, systemic racism and oppression.
- May need to use child-size chairs for sitting.
- Regular driving is required.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply. No phone calls please.