We are currently seeking a Tower Tech I or II. We would prefer experience in Tower Construction, Antenna and Line Installations, Microwave Installations, and Tower Modifications.
Who We Are:
EasTex Tower, LLC is a Total Turnkey Supplier of Telecommunication Infrastructure Design and Implementation throughout the Wireless Industry. We are actively engaged in all aspects of Telecommunications Design and Construction including; Rawland Site Builds, Antenna and Line Installs/Upgrades, Microwave Installation, Microwave Radio Installation/Commissioning, Civil and Electrical Installations. EasTex Tower Currently maintains Office Locations in Colorado Springs, Co; Longview, TX; Albuquerque, NM, and Oklahoma City, OK. We are comprised of a strong family of men and women who operate as teammates. We are proud of the collective, team-oriented atmosphere that drives this company to excellence. We desire every member of our team to advance in knowledge and skill and to pursue exceptional performance and safety. EasTex Tower is also heavily involved in Industry Standards and Safety Organizations, including NATE, NWSA, and TIA.
- Health Insurance with HSA
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Boot Allowance per year
- Per Diem for Personal Use
- Transportation Provided
- Personal and Vacation Days
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Climb various heights on multiple type structures
- Perform installation of antennas, mounts, cable ladders, cable, etc.
- Assist in testing of sites
- Participate in new tower construction
- Perform routine and special circumstance tower maintenance
- Assist in trouble shooting a variety of electronic components from cell/microwave sites to lighting systems
- Recognize safety hazards and perform all duties in a safe manner
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers
- Continue industry education and knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards
- Must have reliable transportation to and from office location
- Must be willing to travel and be able to work within a non-structured schedule, i.e., long hours, weekends, etc.
- Self-Motivated and able to learn efficiently
- Team oriented
Level 1 tower techs do not have any supervisory responsibility. Level 2 tower techs are expected to mentor and train level 1 techs.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent work in adverse weather conditions
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, and climb ladders and communication towers and work in an elevated position that is +/- 500 feet.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- On a constant basis, employee must lift, carry, and maneuver heavy or awkward objects weighing 50lbs or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Daily travel within the Company’s geographical footprint and possible extended stays at external destinations. Travel time can be anywhere from three to six weeks at a time, with appropriate breaks.
- Frequently required to use hand and power tools
- General tower and fall protection safety knowledge and ability to utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times
- Mechanically inclined
- Electrical/electronics education a plus
- Basic Rigging
- Must have complete knowledge on use and care of basic hand tools and power tools
- Must have valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus.
Job Related Certifications:
- OSHA 10 or 30
- Authorized Climber (Level I)
- Authorized Rescue (Level I)
- Competent Climber (Level II)
- Competent Rescue (Level II)
- First Aid/CPR
- Basic Rigging
- Basic knowledge and understanding of DOT driver qualifications