Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people's health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Chicago, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for answering and routing incoming calls for our 130-person headquarters and regional offices and for activities and flow of the front desk. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will be supporting operational and administrative services in the San Francisco office. The position is essential in providing an efficiently-operated office that meets the workplace needs of the staff. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will report to the Office Manager. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
- Ensure that visitors, callers and staff are treated with the utmost respect and hospitality.
- Maintain a clean, organized and welcoming reception area, including maintaining general business cards and other Earthjustice information.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them cheerfully and facilitate their hand off to the appropriate staff person.
- Serve as frontline donor relations staff, including providing customer service to donors, taking donations by phone, troubleshooting issues, executing change of addresses and enhancing the callers experience with Earthjustice before routing donor callers elsewhere.
- Follow Earthjustice procedures for handling incoming callers and provide feedback to Office Manager and others as appropriate in order to enhance callers' experience.
- Gather weekly and daily schedule information from HQ departments on planned visitors, events or meetings with outside guest.
- In accordance with Earthjustice procedures and in keeping with excellent customer service, handle non-donor callers, such as callers who want Earthjustice to work on a case.
- Review the staff list and the Board of Trustee list on a regular basis to become familiar with possible callers from our Board in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Open phones and the reception area by 9:00 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Learn and handle a multi-line phone system and its software component.
- Direct phone calls to the appropriate staff member or voicemail.
- Understand the position of each staff person and the organization chart in order to properly direct callers.
- Retrieve all voicemail messages from the general delivery mailbox and route to appropriate individuals.
- Provide training to reception relief staff and temps.
- Update and maintain the Reception Directory Binder as new staff is hired and organizational changes are made.
- Learn and operate the online DVR system and the Airphone.
- Monitor security screen and allow access to staff and appropriate visitors.
- Learn and implement our security procedure, including recording visitors into our visitor log, creating visitor badges for guests, and informing HR and the Office Manager of any security threats.
- Monitor who is in the office and who is not.
Safety Mail, Package, Fax and E-Mail Procedures
- Communicate with delivery people, manage incoming packages and direct them to the appropriate person.
- Retrieve all incoming electronic faxes and forward to the appropriate person.
- Retrieve incoming e-mail from the "eajus" account and forward to the appropriate person.
- Handle removal from mailing list e-mails from the eajus e-mail accounts.
- Assist staff with clerical needs upon request, such as assembling mailings, sorting electronic files, recording attendance information for events, or entering information in the donor database.
- Fill in during vacations, sick days and other emergencies for the afternoon Receptionist.
- Maintain conference room display system, charging batteries for iPads and notifying Office Assistant or Office Manager of needed maintenance or issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain upkeep of copy rooms by cleaning up counters and reorganizing supplies.
- Maintain upkeep of the kitchen by cleaning appliances, wiping the counters, starting the dishwasher, unloading the dishwasher, and emptying and cleaning the coffeemaker, coffee pots, and refrigerators.
- Maintain upkeep of conference rooms by ensuring adequate supplies, maintaining equipment, removing dirty dishes, rearranging chairs, and cleaning off dry erase boards.
- Water common area plants.
Office Technology and Machines
- Learn to operate all office equipment, provide training to staff on the equipment, and oversee proper use of all equipment. Troubleshoot office equipment and place service calls.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the conference room display systems.
- Clean and organize onsite storage rooms.
- Assist staff with shipping needs.
- Help with large mailings as needed.
- Maintain upkeep and storage of packages in the reception closet.
- Serve as backup for the Office Associate to handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist in office moves or changes.
- Install and adjust standing desks.
- Maintain knowledge of OSHA requirements and ensure office environment is fully compliant. Maintain upkeep of first aid and earthquake kits.
- Participate in training and drills as a floor warden.
Events and Meetings
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events, such as setting up conference space, handling catering orders, or gathering supplies.
- Assist in organizing and implementing office events.
Support for Staff and Operations
- Become lead for Office Associate's office responsibilities when the Office Associate is out of the office.
- Respond to staff questions and requests and provide assistance to all departments.
- Provide support and serve as back up for Office Manager and Events team.
- Assist IT with computer installs or moves.
- Serve as back up to IT on video conferencing, projectors, and conference calls.
- Provide IT support if IT staff are not available.
- Some office experience desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office's suite of programs.
- Ability to remain composed and effective under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work amicably with various departments and offices, while still accomplishing goals and meeting deadlines.
- High quality work standards and ethics, strong attention to detail, and willingness to dedicate time and hard work to Earthjustice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good team spirit.
- Maintain a courteous and helpful manner and a cheerful and energetic attitude.
- Have patient phone etiquette as well as a warm friendly demeanor.
- Be incredibly punctual and reliable.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.