Experienced Dog Groomer
EarthWise Pet Supply & Grooming Nolensville, TN
- Posted: 24 days ago
- $15 to $30 Hourly
- Benefits: medical
Earthwise Pet Nolensville, TN, Experienced Pet Groomer-- WITH SIGNING BONUS!!
Earthwise Pet Nolensville is a local, family-owned Pet Nutrition Center & Wellness Spa. We are committed to improving the lives of our furry friends through good nutrition and hygiene. We offer all-natural products and grooming services and help you to make informed decisions regarding your pet’s health and wellness. We stock only the best foods & treats (free of artificial colors, unnecessary fillers, corn & soy), natural grooming products, toys and accessories for your fur babies.
We are seeking an Experienced Pet Groomer to join our growing team! You will be working in a brand-new grooming salon and will be responsible for the overall care and well-being of the dogs you groom at our facility. Our ideal groomer needs to have prior experience, excellent communication skills and must love animals. Groomers with existing clientele is preferred. As a groomer at Earthwise Pet Nolensville, you should be passionate about helping our furry friends look and feel their best.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performing professional breed specific grooming services
- Trim (including hand scissoring) or shear animal coats according to owner requirements
- Bathing (medicated and general) and drying
- Safely trimming nails with appropriate tools
- Flushing animals’ ears and expressing their anal glands
- Teeth brushing
- Communicating with every customer and following their requests
- Ensuring safety, security, and well-being of animal
- Handling animals with care and skill
- Care of animal from drop off to pick up
- Keeping thorough records of services performed
- Booking and verifying appointments
- Building and maintaining a robust client list
- Cleaning and tidying your work area as well as helping to keep the general grooming area clean
- Sanitizing tables and tools between treatments.
- Driving customer loyalty
- Recommending retail products that would aid in home grooming care of pets.
- Must have knowledge and +2 years experience of all breeds
- Comfortable working with all breeds
- Ability to lift dogs over 50 lbs
- Provide grooming pictures to demonstrate work
- Must be friendly to both customers and their pets
- Passion to be around and work with dogs
- Ability to interact with dogs in a calm, non-threatening and happy manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be comfortable demonstrating (1 - 2 day with pay) knowledge and skill
- Must be comfortable working with other groomers
- Cat grooming is a plus but not required
- Opportunity to grow with higher position
- Having own grooming tools is preferred
- Must have personal style book with dogs groomed to demonstrate skills and knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Grooming certification is advantageous
Available Benefits Include:
- Health insurance (Only full-time employees eligible)
- Employee store discounts
- Signing Bonus : $2000---Will be paid in 2 installments: $1000 after first 30 days and $1000 after 90 days
- $15/hour or 50/50 commission + tips. Which ever is higher
- Tips Paid Out Daily
- Subject to a One Month Probation
Submit your portfolio and/or résumé.
EarthWise Pet Supply & Grooming
AnimalView all jobs at EarthWise Pet Supply & Grooming