EarthCon Consultants, Inc. (EarthCon), a national environmental consulting firm, is seeking a Environmental Project Geologist for a position in our Marietta, GA office.
Preferred Qualifications in the following areas but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental geoscience or a related discipline.
- 5 plus years work experience in environmental cleanup and assessments.
- Experience with performing environmental field activities.
- Experience with creating tables, graphs, and figures.
- Experience with developing field work plans and reports.
- Experience with developing technical proposals, managing budgets, schedules and objectives.
- Knowledgeable and capable of interpreting guidance documents and state and federal environmental regulations. Conducts field activities in accordance with EPA guidance documents.
- Enjoys being creative and implementing innovative ideas.
- Led teams for accomplishing tasks.
- Professional registrations or certifications are a plus.
Duties and responsibilities for the position will vary based on the selected candidate’s technical expertise and experience. Typical duties of a project professional may include but not limited to the following:
- Conduct site assessments for industrial and commercial facilities.
- Develop site assessment strategy and work plans to collect site-specific data.
- Perform field activities such as overseeing drillers, collecting soil and groundwater samples, conducting hydrological field studies and testing, conducting field risk evaluations, overseeing remedial activities and subcontractors, and supervising field team.
- Develop technical reports describing field activities and presenting environmental data for projects regulated under CERCLA, RCRA, Solid Waste, Clear Water Act, or LUST.
- Review and correlate environmental data to identify trends and outliers.
- Prepare and update electronic tables, graphs, and figures.
- Perform project management duties, such as develop proposals, manage budget, monitor schedules, and coordinate equipment and materials.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, EarthCon provides a culture that values creativity, teamwork, and innovative thinking. EarthCon professionals work as a team to solve technically challenging client problems, develop and nurture client relationships, and grow the company's business. The EarthCon approach is to think “differently” and challenge the status-quo. Candidates seeking an opportunity to grow their career with a company that encourages innovative thinking, promotes professional growth, and rewards personal performance are encouraged to apply.
EarthCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide a competitive wage and benefits package to our employees, including paid vacation and sick time; medical, dental, vision and Section 125(c) flexible spending plans, life insurance, long and short-term disability and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
EarthCon Consultants, Inc,
Why Work Here?EarthCon is a nationwide, full-service environmental consulting and engineering firm. Our main focus is multi-media assessment and remediation, compliance and permitting, civil and environmental engineering, due diligence, and our innovative and proprietary Groundwater Plume Analytics® tools. Last year we did work for over 250 distinct clients. Big or small, public or private, our goal is to treat each client with respect and work with them to help them solve their environmental challenges using a business-minded approach while implementing sound technical and scientific ideas. We are consultants, and we are in business to help our clients.
We are a growing company with great clients; lots of room for growth.