Earth Services Hurricane, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1. Collaborate with the Project Managers and clients to develop a plan and schedule to manage each project and ensure that the project’s daily and weekly activities are consistent with this plan and schedule.
2. Maintain an extensive knowledge of excavation and utility plans, specifications, and shop drawings associated with excavation not limited to sand & gravel products, pipes, boxes, values, compaction, concrete, etc.
3. To provide or oversee project layout and dimensional accuracy of the projects, interpret the project plans and specifications, provide timely and accurate communication, scheduling, and coordination with the various site managers, trades, subcontractors and craftsmen employed on the projects. Employ proper procedures to provide quality control.
4. Oversee that the project sites are safe, employing necessary safety procedures and equipment, and ensuring all OSHA regulations are met.
5. Read and understand global project schedules and generate two-week construction schedules and specifications. Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule. Coordinate assigned work with work of different crews, company departments or other contractors
6. Provide for the tracking and reporting of daily job production and reports with superintendents; provide for the timely procurement and delivery of materials to the job sites; review all job and shop drawings; and in conjunction with the main office and client, formulate and submit requests for information (RFIs) as needed.
7. Comply with and document environmental permits and inspections.
8. Be responsible for the security, maintenance, and proper care of company equipment. Schedule owned equipment for projects and have invoices reflect equipment use.
9. Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
10. Interface as required with clients to maintain excellent relationships and ensure their construction experience is favorable. Report their concerns and questions to your direct report as is necessary.
11. Coordinate, develop and maintain relationships with suppliers. Negotiate pricing for projects. If problems, or conflicts arise, resolve discrepancies and issues, and manage chargebacks. Oversee and approve all subcontractor and supplier invoices and billings for legitimacy and accuracy; Estimate, negotiate and document all Change Orders where requests from the Owners vary from the contractual scope of the Work.
12. Oversee subcontractor’s activities on special projects when it pertains to excavation.
13. Keeps records of project documents and ensures subcontractors who keep ‘as-built drawings up-to-date.
14. Maintains clear and open communication with project superintendents to make aware of current and future operators on projects.
15. Manage the timely completion of testing, inspections and final punch list items, repairs, and project close out.
16. Participate in weekly project reviews and provide accounting draw request information.
17. Market and promote the company to the owner, subcontractors, and all vendors involved.
1. Manages 0-6 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 0-30 employees, Operators and Drivers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
2. To manage multiply projects concurrently, supervising and coordinating the daily/weekly activities of all excavation superintendents and foremen insuring they are safe, efficient, on schedule and meet company’s quality standards.
3. Ensure the profitability, safety, and quality of the excavation division. Sets up and oversees all ongoing excavation trainings. Sets and enforces quality standards by conducting pre-installation conferences, building inspecting and identifying deficiencies in a timely manner.
4. Developing in house labor force through hiring new employees and training and coaching current employees to improve their skills and efficiencies. Complete regular performance reviews for employees under his/her direction in a complete and timely manner. Ensure the employee understands the review, signs the review form and is provided a copy for his/her record.
5. Confers with personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
6. Assist with employee management by communicating information necessary for hiring, promoting, pay increases, bonuses (if applicable), verbal / written warnings and terminations. Confers with personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
7. Complete 20 hours per year of continued education relating to the excavation/construction field
Earth ServicesWhy Work Here?
We have a hard working team dedicated to getting projects done right and on time.
Earth Services is an excavation company experience rapid growth. We have projects along the Wasatch Front as well as Southern Utah.