Customer Service Representative (Technical) - Remote Position
Earth Networks Germantown, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a remote opportunity that can be done from anywhere in the continental United States.
Earth Networks is on a mission to enable a safer and more prosperous world through the use of our global network of weather sensors. We empower both private and public sector customers to automate key safety and operational decisions by using the industry's most sophisticated real-time altering and SaaS-based decision tools.
This role is responsible for providing successful customer support for customers across the globe. Candidate must be able to adapt to changing priorities and a fast-paced environment where the customer comes first. The candidate should have the technical aptitude to understand a variety of web-based and hardware products / solutions and be able to troubleshoot issues and provide effective support to our customers seeking assistance and guidance. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to a variety of client types via email, phone, and messaging applications to ensure customer satisfaction on reported issues and inquiries. The candidate will also be responsible for managing projects and tasks related to maintenance of the hardware network.
• Provide the highest level of customer support on products by responding to calls, emails, messages, and additional requests.
• Establish and build strong customer relationships and increase customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate support.
• Provide technical support including troubleshooting personal computer systems, mobile devices (tablets, phones), network issues, navigating security settings that may prevent applications from loading / working properly.
• Document and track activity using our designated CRM solution and by following our support processes.
• Resolve technical problems and determine if there are trends around specific issues, and coordinate with staff regarding recurring problems.
• Establish trust and use screen sharing programs to resolve customer issues.
• Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
• Continually enhance your knowledge of the company’s products and services to be able to provide the highest levels of support over time.
• Contribute to company vision and growth by helping improve support processes.
• Manage time and workday efficently to meet the needs of clients while ensuring individual goals are met.
• Associates Degree plus 2-4 years related work experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience
• Strong familiarity with Android and iOS operating systems and other emerging platforms
• Strong familiarity with PC/MAC operating systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Customer Service background: Team player, customer focused
• Excellent organizational & retention skills
• Excellent telephone etiquette, listening and writing skills
• Computer fluency & functional typing skills (Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus)
• Quick learner
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Willing to do whatever is required to complete the job and meet objectives
• Proficient in computer hardware/software configuration and operation, plus Internet and common IT related issues
• Available evenings, weekends, and holidays to align with availability of international clients.
• Must be available for international travel approximately 10% of the time
• Technical Support experience with International clients
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
• Experience with SalesForce
• Multi-lingual (Spanish and French)
• This is a remote opportunity that can be done from anywhere in the continental United States
• Travel to our Germantown, MD headquarters may be required up to two times per year
• You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
• Medical, Dental and vision coverage PLUS flexible spending accounts
• Generous 401(k) company match
• Company-paid life insurance and short/long term disability
• 15 days of Paid Time Off accrued in your first year! An additional day every year after!
• 8 Company Holidays + 2 Floating Holidays
• Spot Bonuses
• Working with co-workers that are passionate about our products and solutions!
Earth Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Earth NetworksWhy Work Here?
Smart people, family feel, flexible schedule, great benefits. A company that really cares about you.
We’re looking for innovative, talented individuals with big ideas to join us on our mission to automate weather influenced decision-making across the globe. Make an impact and have fun while doing it! In addition to taking part in developing amazing products and services for our customers, we also care a lot about our people and we strive to make this a fun and rewarding environment that encourages collaboration and brings out the best of the best. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes the following:
BusinessView all jobs at Earth Networks