Field Technician / Sr. Field Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
AEM (Advanced Environmental Monitoring) is the global leader in innovative mission critical weather, wildfire and water monitoring and intelligence solutions. We aim to be the world’s essential source for environmental insights – enabling decisive action and positive outcomes for our customers and their constituents. Our family of innovators offers world-class hydrometeorological technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and advanced analytics and software. Our technology and services empower the communities and organizations to survive – and thrive – in the face of escalating environmental risks.
This position will monitor, maintain, integrate, install, troubleshoot and repair AEM environmental products and systems. This position will report to the Field Service Supervisor.
- Monitor, maintain, integrate, install, troubleshoot and repair AEM environmental products and systems.
- Troubleshoot various systems via onsite field work or customer phone support.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, both internally and with customers, to ensure work objectives are met and issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Apply data integrity standards to ensure that timely entry, accuracy, and consistency of data is used in any system, or digital tool that stores, processes or retrieves data.
- Ensure that all project documentation is consistently maintained to reflect accurate project status.
- Ensure defined standard operating practices and procedures are followed.
- Specific on-site responsibilities include outdoor work such as climbing ladders and traversing rooftops to install new equipment, replacing faulty equipment, increasing equipment height, upgrading masts/mounting brackets, installing guy wire, repairing/replacing cables, installing conduit in small trenches and relocating equipment.
- Provide remote technical support for customers.
- Provide guidance to clients on function, usage and operation of products.
- Analyze consistency, completeness, and accuracy of collected data to ensure system reliability.
- Develop and execute territory service plan according to strict timelines to ensure optimal network operations.
- Two years technical degree or 1-3 years’ experience as an installer of mounting hardware, sensors, cables, masts, antennas, satellite dishes or network equipment. Senior Field Tech: Associate degree in physical/natural sciences, engineering, hydrology or other related field, plus 5 years of experience.
- Requires a “can do” attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, often under strict deadlines and harsh conditions with extended travel.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for data related to meteorology, environmental monitoring, flood warning, wildfire and public safety.
- Proven operation and proper use of common hand and machine tools
- Previous experience with construction skills, such as concrete foundation work, conduit, masonry, trenching and general road construction work.
- Proven operation and proper use of digital multi-meters, oscilloscope, and other electrical diagnostic tools
- Knowledge of manual or automated environmental sensors and dataloggers used in hydrology, water quality or meteorology.
- Knowledge of DC circuits and basic circuitry analysis calculations
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and troubleshoot issues using sound methodologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems (in less than perfect environmental conditions) related to RF, electronics, poor hardware configurations, telemetry, and various meteorological sensors.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Construction skills: concrete foundation work, conduit experience, masonry, trenching and structures preferred.
- Experience with RF Environments, cellular/satellite telemetry, or other data collection platforms is preferred.
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving ability and sound judgement.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently to meet both client and company needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and retention skills with the ability to accurately and concisely report daily and weekly progress.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft® Windows® software products.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ERP software systems, preferably NetSuite and/or Salesforce.
- Must be able to work on, around, over and under fixed equipment and to work at heights from lifts and ladders.
- Physical demands associated with this position include extensive walking, lifting & carrying heavy weighted materials (up to 50 lbs.), bending over to record field data, lifting and transporting equipment by hand.
- Ability and willingness to work in adverse weather or temperature conditions, hazardous environments, confined spaces and on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to work on and around water, lakes, rivers and dams.
- Must be able to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime or weekends when required to complete projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally
- Background in Meteorology a plus
- This is a remote opportunity that can be done from anywhere in the designated coverage area of the continental United States
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
US Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability & 401k match of up to 3%.
US Compensation Range: $20.19-$27.88/hour (This range encompasses the Field Tech & Senior Field Tech pay ranges. The candidate's specific placement on the pay range will depends upon years of relevant experience and final title determination.)
AEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Earth Networks - An AEM Brand
12410 Milestone CTR Dr SGermantown, MD
Get fresh Field Technician / Sr. Field Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.