The Lab Technician position is a multi-faceted role with excellent growth potential in our Irvine, CA based cannabis analytical laboratory. The successful candidate will have a background in physical or biological science, a strong work ethic, and excellent attention to detail. This role focus on sample receipt, partitioning, and preparation. The Lab Technician will contribute to multiple aspects of the cannabis laboratory operation including but not limited to:
- Receive and prepare samples for testing by various analytical methods.
- Weigh, partition, and photograph samples.
- Sample data entry and data QC.
- Handle and test laboratory samples per Earth Labs’ SOPs.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative sample analysis methods as needed, for example water activity and moisture content measurement.
- Assist in laboratory instrument maintenance as needed
- Assist in maintaining laboratory inventory of supplies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in physical or biological sciences, or a related field. OR 2 years of college or university education that included coursework in physical or biological sciences AND experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately and quickly perform very detailed work including scientific calculations and documentation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.