Stone Fabrication Operations Manager
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Machines, Template & Engineering
W/H Class: Exempt
The Stone Fabrication Operations Manager is responsible for the division and overall management of shop capacity department. This includes assigning, participating in the designing and preparing of projects to be manufactured by Earth Elements Fabrication Team to set the output of the shop. The Operations Manager oversees Machines, Template, and Engineering departments; and works across departments to ensure that all project information is accurate and provided in a timely manner to each department.
Essential Job Functions
Every effort has been made to make the job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required to be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
· Complete understanding of roles within the team to facilitate required outflows of the shop.
· Assignment and delegation of projects to the team to maintain adequate install dates.
· Oversee conceptual designs and shop drawings for review and approval by clientele based on required dates.
· Review all completed project drawings with the Project Engineer prior to disseminating to the shop.
· Understand and process all engineering necessary that is required for all machines.
· Communicate and interact with clients on any escalated issues that are pertinent to operations.
· Work with the CEO to tally monthly outflow totals and project for future months.
· Complete continuing education to keep up with market trends.
· Oversee all template and field measurement activities to ensure a high level of accuracy at all times.
· Create workflows to collect proper data that incorporates the information into drawings and schematics for client review/signoff.
· Be the final check on all engineering before submission to the fabrication floor.
· Access shop capacity by working with the floor manager to maximize output without reducing quality.
· Collaborates with the Team to resolve any discrepancies between original and final signed drawings
Project Review & Production
· Schedule and lead daily/weekly meetings with the team to review schedules, timelines, processes, etc. including the CEO, as needed.
· Review project details, process, and flow with the Shop Manager for each project assignment.
· Prepare all paperwork and assignments in collaboration with the Shop Foreman for all assigned projects.
· Attend and review processes and assignments with the assigned teams as necessary.
· Update schedules and assignments to meet production deadlines.
· Assist in completing the fabrication of projects, as needed.
· Responsible for overall quality control and assurance of the operations process.
· Coordinate with the Shop Manager to filter processes and procedures through to team leads and assigned team members.
· Final inspection of projects prior to final assembly and installation.
· Ensure all pieces of the assigned projects are accounted for and complete.
· Participates in developing and updating safety policies and procedures as it relates to the shop.
· Maintains a safe work environment and notifies the appropriate parties of any safety or maintenance issues that need to be addressed.
· Works with the EEF safety coordinator to ensure safety meetings are occurring weekly.
· Notifies the HR Manager of any work-related incidences to ensure that proper safety procedures are followed in a timely manner.
· Communication Proficiency
· Decision Making
· Quality Focus
· Results Driven
· Time Management
· Technical Capacity
· Supply Management
This position is responsible for directing and managing the Template, Engineering, and Machines departments.
This job operates in a professional environment and a shop setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, etc. Primarily inside in well-lighted. When working in the shop setting this job will use standard cabinetry and shop equipment such as sliding table saws, shapers, jointers, planers, routers, heavy machinery (i.e. forklifts), and hand tools such as handheld saws, grinders, measuring devices, levels, glue, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop or kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must be able to lift up to 75lbs and use of heavy machinery for equipment up to 1,000 lbs.
Travel is primarily local, up to 4 hour driving distance during the business day may be expected on a rare basis. Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record, per insurance eligibility requirements.
· Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, required
· Bachelor’s degree, preferred
· 3+ years of related work experience required
· Experience using AutoCAD software, required
· Alphacam or related software, preferred
· Organized, responsible, enthusiastic, and timely with a strong work ethic, desired
· Must be able to communicate with a variety of internal and external sources (i.e. employees, clients, designers, architects, etc.)
MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO MONTANA
Why Work Here?Earth Elements Fabrication Center is a state of the art, rapidly expanding custom stone fabrication facility servicing the production and installation of the highest quality countertop surfaces for local and high end clientele throughout the country. Gallatin Gateway is located just outside of Bozeman, MT, a thriving town that offers great restaurants, live music, culture and no shortage of outdoor recreation opportunities including Blue Ribbon trout streams, hiking, skiing at Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl, cross country skiing, hunting, camping, dirt biking, climbing, close proximity to Yellowstone National Park and much more. Our community is the jewel of the Northern Rockies, and we believe strongly that there is simply no better place to live and work. MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO MONTANA
Earth Elements is building a world-class solution for our clients and we are building the team to match!
San Francisco, CA