Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We use technology, data, and design to:
- Build more affordable products,
- Deliver them to more people, and
- Engage through more human experiences.
As a Software Engineer at Earnest you’ll build the software that is revolutionizing consumer lending, automating the loan approval process and orchestrating the transfer of billions of dollars. In addition to the $3+ billion in loans actively serviced, we build tools to maximize Earnest's growth while providing the best possible client experience. Our focus is on building an extensible, modern platform that allows us to move faster over time. This means a willingness to rethink domains from first principles and an ability to collaborate well across technical and non-technical teams. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
On the server side, we use Node.js. On the client-side we use React/Redux for building new things and Angular for everything else. We deploy services in Docker and Kubernetes on AWS. We integrate with other internal microservices (written in Node.js and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in Postgres and Amazon S3.
- Integrate data science and machine learning models to automate loan decisions
- Integrate against third-party APIs to gather and analyze additional data
- Launching new product lines and other lines of credit
- Integration with strategic business partners
- Accelerate funding of loans
We use Node.js and Docker to implement almost all our projects with a touch of React or Angular for UI work.
Ideal background and expertise:
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with server-side concepts, e.g. microservices, database, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability
- Extensive experience with Node.js preferred
- Professional experience in React/Redux desirable
- Work experience with databases such as PostgresSQL
- Domain experience developing software for Fintech, Banking, or related Consumer Financial Services companies is a plus
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you to save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 flight on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance. #ZR