Head of Sales
- Expired: March 01, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join EarlyBird Education where we are leveraging cutting-edge brain science, artificial intelligence, and gamification to prevent reading disabilities. Children play a game and we can identify whether they are at risk for reading difficulties, like dyslexia - even before they learn to read - and in the window when intervention rewires the brain for reading success. With a mission to scale this to all children nationwide, EarlyBird is already in use in schools across the country with thousands of children. Join this fast-growing, venture-funded team as we provide essential data, tools, and resources to support educators, parents, and pediatricians to change the learning trajectory of children nationwide.
As Director of Sales, you will serve as the senior-most sales professional, partnering with the CEO and members of the leadership team as we scale our next-generation education technology. You will further expand EarlyBird's sales efforts by growing a small team of sales professionals and working with schools and districts across the country to help transform the way young children learn.
- Translate EarlyBird's strategy and mission into a scalable sales plan that capitalizes on our differentiated technology, established customer base, state funding opportunities, and macro-trends in the market
- Lead and manage the sales team, including setting goals, providing coaching and support, and conducting performance evaluations
- Maintain a sales territory as a front-line sales leader, while supporting the success of a small sales team
- Develop a robust sales funnel through outbound prospecting, referrals, industry partnerships, state-level opportunities, and marketing qualified leads
- Manage leads and opportunities from MQL to contract closed, collaborating with colleagues in marketing, product, and literacy as appropriate
- Collaborate with marketing to develop an efficient sales-marketing funnel and establish aligned strategies for lead generation and sales enablement materials
- Achieve EarlyBird's new business goals while providing ongoing metrics and forecasting to track progress and accountability and optimize sales efforts
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices, and bring new ideas to the table
- 7+ years of experience in sales within the K-12, a large portion being curriculum programs; including 1-2 years of leadership responsibility
- Experience selling ed-tech curriculum products and a strong understanding of the K-12 buying cycle at the school and district level; domain expertise in literacy is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data and CRM to inform decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in high-growth scenarios with nascent systems and processes
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Work remotely, with regular company gatherings
- Home office setup - laptop + office setup stipend
- Work with a smart, fun, caring, collaborative team
- Critical early member of a startup team
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace
Get fresh Head Of Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!