Early Childhood Education Teachers
Early Learning Academies Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
ELA is here to deliver every child a joyful, caring, and engaging childcare experience that will pave the way for each child to fulfill the promise of his or her life.
Job Title: Early Childhood Teachers (Infant, Toddler, Preschool, PreK & School Age)
Reports To: Center Director
Classification: Full-time non-exempt
Our teachers create a magical classroom learning environment for our children! All of our employees have a love for children and desire to positively impact their lives. Employees will perform routine tasks, referring new or unusual situations to the Center Director for input and resolution. A background check will be administered for all employees before having unsupervised access to children.
- Love of working with children!
- Knowledge of or ability to learn early childhood education standards.
- Proactive and team-oriented attitude to create a successful team environment.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment for children.
- Communication skills that reflect professionalism and kindness at all times.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate curriculum in accordance with the curriculum policy.
- Responsible for the basic care needs of each child in the classroom including assistance with dressing, toileting, tying shoes, regular hand washing, face cleaning, and any other tasks associated with good personal hygiene.
- Responsible for assisting the children with social development including teaching table manners during meals, working with a group of children to accomplish goals, teaching them to share, and other activities associated with social and emotional development.
- Ensure your classroom is in compliance with child care state licensing regulations.
- Provides daily physical gross motor activities with or without equipment or materials indoor and outdoor.
- Complete any required daily forms such as Child Tracking Sheets, Attendance Records, and any other paperwork assigned such as Incident/Accident reports.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences.
- Any other duties assigned by the Center Director.
Additional Abilities/Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent periods of standing, stooping, bending, and occasional running.
- Must be able to maintain a strict classroom schedule to ensure State "ratio" compliance.
- Able to work a full assigned shift in order to maintain ratios shift schedules are typically 8 hours with a 30 minute break.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.
Early Learning Academies
EducationView all jobs at Early Learning Academies