Autism Family Partnership is currently looking for a part-timeBehavior Technician to work 1:1 with students (ages 7-21) in a highly individualized and supported environment. Therapy sessions are carried out in the student's home, school, or in the community. We are looking for motivated and driven candidates to grow with our organization and work well with our team. A successful candidate shares our core values of data driven treatment and respect for all individuals and is ready to learn.
The duties of the Behavior Technician are:
- Working with the child in a number of skill areas, such as conversation skills, self-help skills, and behavior reduction.
- Integrating the student's family into therapy sessions.
- Data collection and making data-based decisions.
- Learning strategies and procedures to teach students with developmental delays.
- Attending team meetings and coordinating with a team of therapists.
- Traveling to the home of each client on the therapist's caseload.
- Must be available to work after school, evening, and/or weekend hours.
- This position requires a car, and willingness to travel throughout Metro-Detroit and the surrounding areas.
- Bachelors degree or pursuit of degree in psychology, education, child development, or related field.
- Experience working with children, teens, or individuals with disabilities.
- RBT (Preferred)
Working with Autism Family Partnership (AFP) provides an opportunity for personal and career growth. Behavior Technicians with AFP advance their communication, professional, and therapeutic skills, while working individually and alongside a team of technicians and Behavior Analysts. Strong candidates will be able to display a commitment to helping individuals advance through life by helping them develop to their highest potential.
-Compensation at $20 to $24 per hour depending on experience
Job Posted by ApplicantPro