Eamon Chase Inc Saint Petersburg, FL
- Posted: 25 days ago
Eamon Chase, Inc.
Innovation. Commitment. Excellence.
Project Safety Officer
St. Petersburg, FL
At Eamon Chase, INC, Innovation. Commitment. Excellence. is more than a tagline, it is our pledge to our customers. It is our shared commitment to providing innovative, exceptional results in all that we do.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced Project Safety Officer to help maintain our culture of safety commitment to each other. Specifically, the Project Safety Officer will devote him/herself to the effective administration of the ECI team, helping us to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job)
- Stop any observed imminent danger event/activity immediately without consultation.
- Conduct/document in-depth safety training with hourly employees corresponding to work tasks.
- Ensure implementation of project fair accountability procedures.
- Complete "Weekly Project Safety Synopsis" and distribute to VP of Safety Operations and OM.
- Assist in claims management process.
- Perform additional duties agreed upon by VP of Safety Operations and project team provided additional duties do not interfere or inhibit performance of required duties.
- Participate in preconstruction safety meetings to analyze and effectively prepare for risk issues.
- Participate in trade partner safe-start meetings prior to their mobilization on site.
- Participate in and/or conduct site wide safety meeting each week.
- Review trade partner safety submittals to ensure compliance with regulation and scope of work.
- Conduct regular (daily) jobsite and work area assessments for at risk behaviors, unsafe conditions, public protection, ICRA/ILSM and additional project risk. Ensure corrective actions are communicated, understood, implemented and documented.
- As warranted, initiate meeting to address endemic items of non-compliance trade partner(graduated levels of participation; project team; OM; corporate safety director; etc.).
- Assist in assessment of all project incidents (WC/GL/Near Hits) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted (Root Cause Analysis).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Preferably, a bachelor’s degree or higher in in safety management or equivalent comparable certification in safety & health (ex. CHST, ASP, CSP).
- A recent 10 years of work history that includes at least 5 years that have been dedicated solely to building construction safety preferable with a commercial GC/CM.
- Practical knowledge, working experience, and documented continuing education in areas such as fall protection, scaffolding, excavations, confined spaces, crane/equipment operations, electrical, incident analysis, human performance principles, OSHA 510 certification, and other such safety/health related training. An OSHA 10/30 Construction Outreach or OSHA 510 certification will not be acceptable proof for this training requirement. For each area of education identified above, the candidate shall possess a certificate of completion from an accredited training agency dated within four years (ex OSHA Training Institute courses).
- Evidenced specialized training for Emergency First Aid, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) current to within 2 years.
- Preferably, bi-Lingual (English/Spanish).
Ideal candidate must meet the requirements of all applicable OSHA standards and be capable (through training, experience, and
qualifications) of ensuring that the requirements of 29 CFR 1926.16 and other appropriate Federal, State and local requirements are met for the project. As a minimum must have completed the OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety class and have five (5) years of construction industry safety experience or three (3) years if he/she possesses a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or certified Construction Safety and Health Technician (CSHT) certification or have a safety and health degree from an accredited university or college.
Eamon Chase, Inc is a privately held construction firm based in Milton, FL with offices in Pinehurst, NC. The firm specializes in the construction of government buildings and projects.
Eamon Chase IncWhy Work Here?
Whatever your talents, goals and ambitions, you’ll find a distinctive place to thrive at Eamon Chase. Lots of room for growth!
Eamon Chase, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides a wide range of products, services, and solutions for the federal government.
AddressSaint Petersburg, FL
BusinessView all jobs at Eamon Chase Inc