Eagleville Hospital is seeking a Director, Nursing Education for our Nursing Department. We are building a new facility!
Sign-on Bonus of $2,000- discuss payment details.
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of nursing/clinical orientation, education, competency, including clinical informatics.
- Develops and delivers training modules to incorporate evidence based best practices.
- Teaches classroom and clinical courses.
- Develops clinical guidelines and adopts best practices clinical training curriculum.
- Reviews annual training plans, competency assessments and performance evaluation to design, implement and schedule the annual training calendar for the nursing department.
- Responsible for providing all state mandated educational requirements and providing department leadership with their staffs training records.
- Responsible for maintaining staff clinical requirement compliance
- Consults with nursing department leaders for ongoing education needs development, planning and implementation.
- Maintains individual training records and documents with sign in sheets, evaluations, certificates and assessments in training files.
- Provides counseling to individuals as indicated.
- Develops, revises, schedules and facilitates the nursing department new hire orientation program, on-boarding process and preceptor program.
- Performs annual nursing education survey to identify and meet the needs of the nursing department education and develops yearly education program schedule.
- Works collaboratively with IT and nursing/clinical to improve functionality of clinical IT systems.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, MSN required. Nurse educator certification preferred. Current BLS certification.
- Current Pennsylvania State License (RN). Minimum of five years as a practicing RN, previous experience in training and program design preferred, preferably in health care setting, Co-occurring competency preferred. Five years of experience in a psychiatric setting and/or drug or alcohol facility (evaluated individually), preferred.
- This position will be expected to operate with limited guidance and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the development of strategy as well as its implementation.
Eagleville Hospital, located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is a private non-profit organization dedicated to the treatment, education, and prevention of substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and acute psychiatric disorders. The hospital serves as a regional resource for the treatment and prevention of alcohol and drug abuse, as well as a national resource for training and research for addiction and related conditions. The hospital also houses an older adult unit, which is short-term program for clients aged 55 years and older in need of a secure, therapeutic environment, as well as a 16-bed acute psychiatric/co-occurring disorders unit.
Eagleville Hospital offers a competitive salary and benefits package including PTO, health insurance, life insurance, and 403B.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Eagleville Hospital, located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is a private non-profit organization dedicated to the treatment, education, and prevention of substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and acute psychiatric disorders. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, generous paid time off, and matching 403 B.