System Support Technician
If you are a motivated and persuasive individual and you are interested in a rewarding new career in technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology, this job is for you. As a System Support Technician, you will be responsible for the installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals and assist in the day-to-day maintenance and testing of network hardware, servers, and associated equipment. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. Physical Infrastructure and low voltage installation, data center builds, and cabling are everyday tasks. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication, and problem-solving.
One to two weeks of monthly travel required.
As a System Support Technician, you must be able to accurately and swiftly resolve issues and daily tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities for the System Support Technician position include:
• Assist with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software.
• Configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user telecommunications hardware/software, telephony devices, wireless devices, network-based security cameras, printers, etc
• Maintain and administer computer networks, and related computing environments
• Perform deployment, administration and security maintenance of Windows Server-based intranet servers
• Diagnose hardware and software problems associated with PCs and software.
• Configure, test and deploy computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
• Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements.
• Provide full desktop support and regular maintenance on individual workstations
• Other duties as required
As a System Support Technician, you must be confident, outgoing, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. You must also be a team-oriented person who is open-minded and willing to learn and who can function effectively in a fast-paced work environment. It is also vital for your role as a System Support Technician that you are articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills as communication with clients are required from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Specific qualifications for the System Support Technician include
•Associates Degree; Bachelor Degree preferred.
Experience supporting Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/8/10 desktop/laptop PCs.
• Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs.
• Active Directory experience
• Self-motivated, efficient and learn quickly
• Strong team player that will promote teamwork and excellent communications.
• Strong interpersonal skills are also required since client interactions will be required from time-to-time
• Ability to work in a professional, fast-paced environment
The job's primary worksite is our Tulsa headquarters. One to two weeks of monthly travel required to our New Mexico location. This position interfaces with government offices that remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our company provides personal protective equipment and takes all necessary measures to safeguard employee safety so we can continue to provide our services throughout this crisis.
Why Work Here?Eaglesun Systems writes software that manages Tribal Governments. We automate around 50 grants, departments, and services Tribes can provide to their citizens. Our software is used at about 70 Tribes across the country. As most of our customers are very remote, several use Eaglesun for hardware services too. We design, build, manage and support networks of varying sizes for users of our software.
Eaglesun is an industry leading company that provides an exciting working environment, a great team and benefits, and lateral opportunity.