Seeking individual for Administrative Assistant and Data Coordinator
Do you have a strong administrative background? Do you love to organize and colour code data and manage multiple projects? Do you have excellent communication skills? Are you looking to break into the Real Estate industry? Love to work in a small team? Excited by the opportunities of professional development and education? If you answered yes, we have the perfect job for you!
Who Are We?
Eagleson Properties Ltd is a boutique property management company situated on Main Street and 14th Ave in Vancouver, managing a diverse portfolio. We are a small team who works tightly together to empower and support each other in the accomplishment of large- and small-scale projects. We are individually self driven to the growth and success of the company. We believe working hard together should not get in the way of a good in office dance party to keep the energy high when needed, and to let off steam. Our Managing Broker, Ms. Eagleson, is the Owner/Operator of both Eagleson Properties and a small 3rd generation drainage company, AAA Drains, with her husband and partner.
What Are We Looking For?
While this is an entry level position, we are growing and seeking a highly organized and personable individual to grow with us and help us get to the next level.
Seeking a rock-star to work closely with the Managing Broker as an Administrative Assistant and Data Coordinator, learning the business and assisting in the effective management of the growing property management portfolio. Additional growth and education opportunities abound!
The Administrative Assistant and Data Coordinator is responsible for effectively scheduling and organizing daily appointments with clients, contractors and potential tenants, as well as researching, computing, classifying and recording information and numerical data to keep client and financial records complete, while assisting with fielding calls regarding leasing and resident relations. The entrant will perform any combination of routine administrative duties to ensure the company and Managing Broker is well supported.
1. Create and maintain building specific files, and digital files, with detailed information documents on the building as a whole, and individual units.
2. Create and maintain general building information and policy documents for Tenants.
3. Answer and handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
4. Update required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc.on a daily basis and provides information to the property manager.
5. Organize and file applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
6. Draft correspondence and proofread paperwork.
7. Forward service requests from residents and enters maintenance requests for prompt processing.
8. Operate computers programmed with Salesforce and Monday.com software to record, store and analyze information.
9. Comply with federal, provincial and company policies, procedures and regulations.
10. Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
11. Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions, etc.).
12. Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
13. Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Property Manager for approval. Follow up with applicants regarding status.
14. Provide general clerical assistance
15. Dicta-typing correspondence and maintaining databases
1. Research building maintenance technologies.
2. Understand and communicate building issues with contractors and technicians
3. Draft reports and upload photos
4. Share progress reports with clients and tenants.
1. Maintain positive customer relations attitude.
2. Receive telephone calls. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
3. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
4. Maintain open communication with the Managing Broker.
1. Performs any additional duties assigned by the Managing Broker.
2. Distribute notices to Tenants and properties.
3. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Attention to detail and accuracy are key factors to be able to succeed in this position.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
2. A minimum of two years experience in administrative roles, related industry is preferred.
3. Must possess strong attention to detail.
4. Demonstrate an ability to work well independently and support and contribute to the team.
5. Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, scanner, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook and software.
7. Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
8. Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
9. Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
10. Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
In order to achieve success team members must embrace certain core principles and values.
· Tenacity & Enthusiasm
1. Attendance is an imperative job function.
2. Work Hours; 40 hours per week, 8am to 4pm.
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with the policies, rules and procedures of the company, or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments required by company officials. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.