The Portfolio Manager, in conjunction with one or more C&I Relationship Managers (RM), actively manages, services and grows each assigned loan portfolio. The Portfolio Manager partners with the RM to drive the credit process by facilitating the collection of financial information from clients and prospects, overseeing the credit analysis and underwriting of credit, preparing and submitting credit packages for the approval of new loans and for the renewal of existing loans, working with the Relationship Manager(s) to draft term sheets/loan proposals, reviewing loan documents, both internally and attorney prepared, for accuracy prior to loan closing and the day-to-day management of upcoming maturities, past dues and documentation exceptions.
- Takes independent responsibility for the credit process.
- Ensures that all loans are reviewed or renewed prior to the maturity or reaffirmation date.
- Proactively engages the bank's Credit Department to coordinate the credit analysis and underwriting of loan transactions.
- Maintains timeliness and accuracy of credit analysis and underwriting work product.
- Ensures the accuracy of credit packages prior to completion and submission to the appropriate approver.
- Actively escalates any credit quality issues or deficiencies within 24 hours of identification.
- Maintains consistent customer contact (Owner, Principal, Controller, CFO, or CEO), to obtain requisite credit information.
- Coordinates with internal and external parties (appraisers, environmental engineers, attorneys, title companies) to close and modify loan transactions.
- Works with the relationship team to mitigate past dues and exceptions.
- Reviews and signs off on advance requests and borrowing base reports.
- Participates on phone calls and/or face to face meetings with prospective and existing clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of credit underwriting, including cash flow and collateral analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bank product knowledge preferred.
- The ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Travel as required.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Analytical, critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and adapt to change in the work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral communication when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Formal or in-house credit training preferred, with one (1) year of experience as a Credit Analyst or similar role.
- Credit analysis and customer service experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.