We have an immediate need for a full-stack web application developer to join the Eagle Technologies, Inc. team. The successful candidate is talented and highly motivated; has a passion for finding innovative solutions to problems; and is committed to delivering high-quality results, products, and services.
Our web application developers work with the latest cutting-edge, open-source technologies in web application building, DevOps, big data analytic, data visualization, and geographic information system (GIS) mapping technology. She/he will have the capability to integrate into our 25-member team to solve difficult technical problems immediately.
Our web application developers build systems and products using leading cutting-edge technologies for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration/Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality.
Our work schedule allows team members to successfully balance work and life. Our company culture offers the opportunity to work with highly professional, team-oriented people in a collaborative and flexible environment, in addition to mentoring and other ongoing support. I
f you are looking to build a rewarding career, while building products used by millions of people seeking treatment and services, then we encourage you to apply to this position.
Project Title: Behavioral Health Services Information System (BHSIS)
Eagle Technologies, Inc. provides services under the auspices of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration/Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality to operate the BHSIS. These services include collecting, managing, and analyzing the data that comprise five (5) BHSIS components and to improve the quality of BHSIS data. Specifically, the five (5) BHSIS components consist of: (1) the Inventory of Behavioral Health Services (I-BHS); (2) the substance abuse treatment facility survey, called the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS); (3) the mental health treatment facility survey, called the National Mental Health Services Survey (N-MHSS); (4) the Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), a collection of substance abuse treatment admissions and discharges to state-funded substance abuse treatment facilities; and (5) the Mental Health-Treatment Episode Data Set (MH-TEDS) and the Mental Health-Client Level Data (MH-CLD), as well as the Uniform Reporting System (URS) Tables, which are required for Mental Health Block Grant application procedures.
Position Description: Full-Stack Web Application Developer
The success of the web application developers depends on his/her ability to work and adapt to a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment. The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability and willingness to work closely with team members. The successful candidate will also have the potential for growth, with the opportunity to work on several innovative and interesting projects, using technologies such as Amazon cloud (AWS), Docker, and Apache Spark.
- Design, develop, and test web-based Java applications using VueJs and React, which are being phased out, as well as Play Framework, which is used to support business requirements and operations.
- Work with integration back-end components, such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, and Elasticsearch serves.
- Work on the migration of existing on-premises operations to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Interact with team members to troubleshoot, address shortcomings, and meet general operational needs in support of the business.
- Correct defects that result from testing.Document designs and unit test results.
- Work with test-driven development.
- Coordinate development tasks with other team members.
- Assist in implementing DevOps-related infrastructure.
- Function in a Continuous Integration Environment (e.g., Jenkins, Gitlab).
- Experience with React.js/Redux, Vue.js, or Angular.js.
- Experience with DevOps.
- Experience with ELK stack and docker.
- Experience in working with JDBC, JPA.
- Strong understanding of Web protocols, such as HTTP/HTTPS and AJAX.
- Strong experience in using browser debugging tools, such as Firefox or Chrome Developer Tool.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and associated best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong Core Java and Object-Oriented Programming skills.
- Strong experience in Relational Database design and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong experience in working with GIT.
- Ability to collaborate with a team to complete projects efficiently.
- Ability to follow directions well, as well as to make decisions and take initiative.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows and the ability to work with command-line environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Three or more years of related work experience