Role: Manufacturing/Technical Documentation Engineer
Location: Shelbyville, IN Area
Eagle Oxide Services, a dynamic and growing engineering product services company is seeking a person with strong communication, technical, SolidWorks and AutoCAD skills for their manufacturing facility in Shelbyville, IN. Prime candidates will enjoy the challenge of developing technical fabrication prints, drawings and operator manual illustrations. This role is for an individual who desires the diversity and creativity in designs of existing equipment, designing new equipment and being a valuable team player in the project team.
Responsibilities: Primary functions include:
- Develop fabrication drawings, technical illustrations and supporting documents for the manufacture, assembly, operation, and maintenance of machines used in a manufacturing environment.
- Through the use of 2-D and 3-D CAD, create and update manufacturing plant equipment layout drawings, mechanical fabrication drawings, isometric, sectional, auxiliary, pictorials and exploded part views to identify a machine’s assembly and component composition.
- Prepare supporting information by creating and updating bills of materials as required. Develop system assembly, operation, and maintenance documents for customer use.
- Prepare customer project manuals from engineering drawings, bills of materials, prepared documents, along with incorporating manuals/documents from outsourced items.
- Work with sales, engineering, project manager(s), manufacturing, outside suppliers, and customers as required
- Execute project tasks and milestones to meet schedules
- Assist with project quality control
- Support Sales Department which may include assistance in developing proposals and travel to customer location
- College diploma, engineering or technical degree or equivalent preferred, specializing in mechanical, controls or industrial engineering; Completion of or in the process of achieving any Project Management courses or designations is an asset.
- 3D SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD experience preferred in Industrial environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Office, Excel & Project
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Additional Skills: electrical and controls.
· The work environment may require occasional or periodic travel to customer facilities. Travel includes domestic and international locations and is expected.
· Paid Holidays
· Health Insurance Plan
· 401(k) Plan
· Profit Sharing
· Dynamic & Professional Environment
· Web: www.eagleoxide.com