Responsible for proofing all assigned media pieces (whether hardcopy, online or on-screen), including articles, manuscripts, graphic art designs, etc. for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and anything else pertaining to grammar and reading comprehension. Checks scriptures in text; proofreads and reviews copy for accurate use of grammar and style in accordance with the KCM Style Manual and Associated Press style. Responsible to produce error-free copy with all jobs assigned. Serves as a support to editor and assistant editor as needed. The position is onsite.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proofreads all formatted media pieces, including articles, manuscripts, graphic art designs, etc., as assigned according to KCM style and proper grammar/usage using accurate proofing symbols and applying industry proofreading style and standards.
- Attends creative, comp, preplan and midpoint meetings as needed.
- Acts as back-up to editors, assistant editors and writers to ensure clear reading comprehension is in line with KCM teaching.
- Proofs according to Final Copy and checklist for each job
- Assists editor and assistant editor with special projects that require proofreading.
- Follows established department procedures and guidelines when proofing, routes jobs properly and fills out any necessary paperwork.
- Stays up to date with changes/additions regarding editorial style and implements such changes/additions in all proofing jobs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in publishing, advertising, marketing and/or print shop production preferred.
- Must be a mature Christian with a high degree of sensitivity to the Holy Spirit—particularly regarding understanding and communicating the faith message through written medium.
- PC experience required.
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and project management programs.
- Graphics arts/printing experience helpful, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- A strong command of the English language and its forms of colloquial use as it relates to publishing/journalism.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal/oral communication skills and have legible handwriting.
- Demonstrated ability to edit/write/proof.
- Adequately familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Basecamp and any other word-processing programs associated with the job assignment.
- Familiar with word of faith teaching in general and ability to present in print the specific teachings and voice of Kenneth Copeland Ministries with accuracy and relevant application.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Associate Press Stylebook
- Demonstrated ability to use resources (libraries, Internet, etc.), as well as religious reference materials (concordance, expository dictionaries, lexicons, Bibles) in fact-finding.
- Must be self-starter and extremely dependable. Able to think through situations and make responsible decisions.
- Must be able to manage high volume of work and be able to switch from job to job quickly mentally and physically.
- Able to prioritize work efficiently, effectively manage time and be organized.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision on assigned projects and meet deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality required.
- The ability to type 50 wpm is preferred.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- PC, telephone, copier, fax, printer, scanner
- Resources materials, including but not limited to: KCM Style Manual, AP Stylebook, dictionary, various Bible versions, concordance, the Internet.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a computer for a minimum of seven hours per day.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be detailed and communicative.
- Must be task- and goal-oriented.
- Requires the ability to multi-task.
- Must adapt well to changing work situations.
- Must be able to grasp and apply new ideas.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions.
- Must relate and interact with people at all levels.
- Works in a normal office environment.
- Born-again believer and must adhere to the doctrines of this organization as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives.
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension and division.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Because of the wide range of personal contact with ministry leaders within and outside the organization, this position requires considerable diplomacy, maturity, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with people of all cultures.
Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc.
14355 Morris Dido RdNewark, TX
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Proofreader jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.