Management Intern Summer Internship
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EAGLE MOUNTAIN CITY
APPROVED CLASS SPECIFICATIONS
- Position Title: Management Intern Revision Date: 11/22
EEO Code: Administrative Support
- Summary Statement of Overall Purpose Goal of Position: Under supervision of the City Administrator performs various projects relating to finance, budget, city management, human resources, project management, partner relations, city communication, intergovernmental relations, and quality improvement programs. Assists the Assistant to the City Administrator in his/her assigned duties.
III. Essential Duties
- Construct the budget book including updating spreadsheets, budget messages, capital improvement tables, or any other changes brought on by the new FY budget;
- Prepare and issue the citizen survey. Organize and chart the results for entry into the FY budget document;
- Prepare the budget book for submission to the GFOA for the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.
- Implement GFOA required modifications per changes in the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award criteria.
- Plan, manage, and solicit donations/funding for the annual Economic Development Golf Tournament and organize the event setup, activities, and more;
- Evaluate existing and/or potential new programs and policies including performing research, hosting focus groups, authoring or modifying policy documentation, and planning implementation of recommendations.
- Conduct other research and write reports on topics assigned;
- Assist various departments in special projects with data-gathering, analysis, execution and feedback.
- Additional Duties
- Assist departments, as assigned by the City Administrator or his/her assistant, in general
administrative, operational, and financial studies, audits, or analysis.
- Collect pertinent information through research, audits, surveys, etc.
- Present results through reports and/or presentations to internal or external audiences.
- Prepare various presentation mediums such as charts, boards, slides, graphs,
Education: Minimum of bachelor's degree in public/business administration,
political science, or related field. Prefer completion of at least one year of master's
degree requirements in public/business administration or related field from accredited
License: Valid Utah Driver's License
Knowledge of: Computer programs including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and statistics; experience with web programming preferred; correct English usage, vocabulary, spelling and arithmetic. InDesign and/or Photoshop experience is a plus.
Responsibility for: Working with departments on studies, audits and projects to enhance city performance; choosing the proper type of communication medium to present information to the Mayor and Department Heads or citizens.
Analytical Ability: Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; prioritize tasks; work well under pressure and impending deadlines; establish effective working relationships with employees, Department Heads, and the public; relate well with a variety of persons under varying circumstances; ability to analyze a situation and make sound recommendations and presentations.
Communication Skills: Contact with other departments, furnishing and obtaining information; contact with other departments, requiring tact and judgment to avoid friction; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and executives.
Contact with the public, business owners, and others within the community with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing requiring with tact maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
Equipment Used: Requires regular use of computer, copier, fax machine, and telephone system.
- Working Conditions:
Constant mental application required daily; occasional exposure to stressful situations as a result of human behavior and frequent deadlines; occasional driving of a personal or city vehicle may be required. Moderate mental pressure and fatigue exist during a normal workday due to challenging situations and exposure to deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The approved class specifications are not intended to and do not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
DEPARTMENT APPROVED BY: ________________________ DATE: ______________
PERSONNEL DEPT. APPROVED BY: ____________________ DATE:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Eagle Mountain City
AddressEagle Mountain, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Eagle Mountain City
Get fresh Summer Business Intern jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.