Quality Assurance Technician/Inspector - Days & Overnights Available!
Eagle Flexible Packaging Batavia, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Pay rate starts at $20 per hour. Pay rate is based on relevant experience and shift (shift differential for working overnights).
The Quality Assurance Technician/Inspector at Eagle Flexible Packaging provides support to the manufacturing/operations in the areas of product quality and reliability; maintains QC documentation & files, and uses quality techniques to track, analyze and report on materials, processes, and products to ensure they meet company quality standards and customer specifications. Both day and overnight schedule options are available!
- Assist in the development and pursuit of programs that Eagle deems necessary for its growth and success, such as recognition by Food Safety Program as compliant to their requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of quality and Food Safety Program training programs and procedures.
- Document and communicate customer specifications, maintain database and specification folders.
- Assist in the documentation and communication of Eagle production specifications (run conditions).
- Assist in determining the tests and evaluation necessary to assure the satisfactory quality of incoming materials, and perform those tests.
- Independently perform in-process inspection, measurement and testing of finished product and raw material at all printing and converting stations at both Eagle locations.
- Assist in the performance of internal assessments & audits necessary to assure our compliance with stated procedures and objectives.
- Assist in the problem analysis and corrective action necessary to address any customer complaints or rejections.
- Participate in meetings, investigations, problem solving discussions, salvage review, and special project teams on an as-needed basis.
- Work on projects, coordinate activities and carry out other job duties as assigned and/or directed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed at all times. Escalate any issues/concerns to management.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit rejected or customer returned product.
- Develop, maintain and log first run samples and family colors.
- Inspect, review and document pouching/converting retain samples.
- Maintain retain log and storage box inventory of print & pouching/converting retain samples.
- Oversee rework; inspect and audit reworked or resorted material.
- Maintain Quarantine hold log and Quarantine hold area.
- Train company employees in procedures/work-instructions, inspection techniques, related laboratory testing, and GMP/Food Safety Program related elements.
- Maintain and operate all inspection, measurement and testing equipment, including equipment inventory list, calibration and records, and operating procedures.
- Perform and log all Green Bond testing.
- Perform start-up and approvals as needed for all equipment at both locations.
- Effectively communicate all quality issues to Quality Assurance Manager or another Company Officer immediately upon discovery.
- Responsible for the organization of the quality lab. Maintain in a clean and orderly condition.
- Basic knowledge of various testing: destructive (functional), in-process (attribute & variable) and controlled.
- Proactive and able to take initiative.
- Quality critical and continuous improvement mindset – able to see the big picture and understand the importance of each step in the quality process.
- Effective problem-solving skills, willing to ask questions about processes and procedures.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. The QA Technician must be able to communicate issues appropriately when they arise, as well as properly document the work being completed.
- Must be able to take responsibility and be accountable for actions.
- Excellent organization skills and time management.
- Excellent color acuity and good vision (corrected if necessary).
- Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Inquisitive mindset, persistent.
- Displays a basic understanding of the Quality expectations, tolerances and acceptable defect rate.
- Willingness to advance knowledge base by attending continuing education and/or certification courses.
Eagle Flexible Packaging takes care of our employees with an outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a 100% company-funded medical reimbursement program that provides up to $4,500 in annual medical expense support, paid time off, 401k matching, and an employee assistance program. We have a maintenance apprenticeship program and are committed to supporting our employees’ career growth and aspirations. We have bonus opportunities for employees to earn up to $2,500 for each referral and even offer a discount program that provides savings on everything from groceries to travel!
Eagle Flexible Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing unparalleled quality products coupled with responsive and professional communication. Our goal is to be a company that customers want to do business with. We will always look to increase our value to our customers through continuous improvement efforts and technological advancements. Our organization is dynamic and ever evolving to meet the needs and wants of the market and our customer as competencies and resources allow.
Eagle Flexible Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Eagle Flexible Packaging
Founded in 1994, Eagle Flexible Packaging is an innovative printer and converter of flexible packaging specializing in preformed pouches, roll-fed film, rollstock with pre-applied zippers, and laminate structures. An in-house prepress department enables us to provide the utmost in quality printing, control and flexibility. Utilizing state-of-the-art technologies such as, direct laser engraving (in-the-round-imaging, seamless plates, etc.) and a defect detection system ensures the highest quality and consistency. We are committed to providing unparalleled quality products coupled with responsive and professional communication. Our goal is to be a company that customers want to do business with. We will always look to increase our value to our customers through continuous improvement efforts and technological advancements. Our organization is dynamic and ever evolving to meet the needs and wants of the market and our customer as competencies and resources allow. Eagle Flexible Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1100 Kingsland DriveBatavia, IL