Grinding Operator I - 2nd shift (will train on 1st shift)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Incentive Bonus Available:
$500 at 60 Days
$1000 at Six Months – meeting performance criteria
$1000 at One Year – meeting performance criteria
Generous shift differential for off shifts
Want to work for the ONLY American Made Fish Hook Company? Want to work with outdoorsy people just like you? Come join Eagle Claw! Enjoy a 4 day work week, great pay, career advancement opportunities, and benefits. Our company is proud to be based in Colorado for over 95 years. We are the outdoor industries leader in fish hook manufacturing and distribute hooks worldwide.
Along with being a great place to work, we offer medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurance, supplemental life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, EAP, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match, paid holidays, paid vacation time, paid personal time, education assistance, and bonus opportunities may be available.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Entry Level Position
Under direct supervision, requiring frequent or occasional assistance operates up to 5 straight and cut machines and monitors the output of each machine to produce blanks that meet pre-determined quality and production standards
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime hours when required.
- Must have excellent visual acuity and able to inspect small details of ground points.
- Must remain focused on Quality and Production standards.
- Must possess solid mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess manual dexterity to use required hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write and possess basic computer skills.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be a team player and perform all functions of the position in a professional manner.
- Continuously monitors the output from equipment to ensure quality standards are met.
- Uses hand, various hand tools, micrometers, calipers, and granite stone to gauge adjustments and maintain operational status of equipment.
- Maintains acceptable entry level production output by meeting or exceeding 85% of the machine standard.
- Physically moves wire spools into position and loads spool onto let off device.
- Threads wire into machine feed mechanisms and verifies wire type and size are correct.
- Uses calipers to frequently measure the cut wire blanks and inspects cut wire blanks for straightness and correct length.
- Weighs cut blanks using weight factor to obtain quantity produced.
- Enters production into Oracle by making transactions when the box is filled to the exact weight.
- Passes essential information along to the next shift regarding the operations of the machinery.
- Accurately fills out inspection and production forms.
- Cleans, oils and maintains equipment in order to keep it operational.
- Observes and performs all safety and good housekeeping regulations of the department and the Company.
- Endorses all company and departmental rules and regulations.
- May perform similar or less-skilled work in other areas as required, including all areas of manufacturing, and other areas within the company.
- Provides process or tooling improvements as needed, or when opportunities arise.
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of up to twelve hours.
- Must be able to function in a noisy environment and tolerate exposure to oil, grease, chemicals, dust, and heat up to 90 degrees.
- Must be able to work around high speed machinery.
- Must be able to twist, bend and stoop.
- Must be able to reach from floor level to a height of six feet in order to check equipment and make adjustments.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to observe the operation of equipment from a height of five feet in order to detect malfunctions.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and safety boots are required.
Open end and Allen key wrenches, sockets and drivers, screwdrivers, side cutters, pliers and other various hand tools.
Measuring tools include micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, and microscopes.
Regular 2nd shift hours:
Wednesday & Thursday 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday 7:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday 6:00am - 6:00pm
Training 1st shift hours:
Monday & Tuesday 5:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday 5:00am - 1:00pm
ManufacturingView all jobs at Eagle Claw
Get fresh Grind jobs daily straight to your inbox!