*Please note - official applications are submitted through our website www.eachpeachmarket.com or by going directly to the Google forms page: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BThe1XKUu2qlljx-QThbXRzr_byv41VwDSJcwCiVhic/viewform?ts=5d015cc7&edit_requested=true
The duty of the Kitchen Assistant is to support the Kitchen team in the production of high quality, properly packaged consistent recipes. This person will produce prepared foods for the market, package items for sale and help keep the kitchen area clean and tidy. On occasion, the kitchen assistance may be asked to help ring up customers and is always expected to make our guests feel welcome in our stores! The Kitchen Assistant must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some holidays. Specific duties include:
Food Preparation & Packaging
• Prepares food in accordance to standard recipes. Assists in the production of platters and catering orders as directed.
• Responsible for portioning, packaging and labeling foods neatly and in accordance with Each Peach standards and health regulations
• Responsible for setting up coffee service, water dispenser and soup. Keeps area clean and stocks supplies such as cups, lids, soup containers, napkins.
Safety & Sanitation
• Contributes to a tidy kitchen environment, keeping work areas clean and clear of obstacles and debris. Watches kitchen and storage area floor at all times for potential hazards (spills, debris, fallen items) and takes action as necessary.
• Practices proper food handling including sanitizing of work surfaces, proper hand-washing, FIFO
• Washes dishes as needed; ensures that dishes are neatly put away and that drying racks are kept orderly and well organized.
• Sweeps and mops floors
• Maintains neat professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times
Equipment Care & Maintenance
• Maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
• Helps to take care of equipment (cleaning and maintenance). Reports any equipment maintenance or pest issues immediately to the Kitchen Manager to ensure that issues are addressed in a timely manner.
Ordering & Inventory Management
Assists Kitchen Manager with ordering as directed. Helps maintain proper kitchen inventory and participates in monthly inventory exercises.
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
Has a passion for food!
Excellent organization skills
Team orientated and ability to give and receive honest feedback
Excellent verbal communication skills
Experience working in a high volume food production environment
Ability to stand for up to 8 hours at a time and lift up to 50lbs
A flexible schedule. The ability to work weekends and evenings and holidays
P/T or F/T, competitive pay
20% employee discount
To apply, please submit an on-line application through our website at www.eachpeachmarket.com at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BThe1XKUu2qlljx-QThbXRzr_byv41VwDSJcwCiVhic/viewform?ts=5d015cc7&edit_requested=true