JOB DESCRIPTION - CLINICAL DIRECTOR
- 80% of workweek will consist of clinical work
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute and chronic illnesses.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with other health care providers and other staff on all aspects of the health needs of patients.
- Collects, records and maintains accurate patient information within our electronic medical records (e-Clinical Works).
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan.
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans.
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, suturing and splinting for internal medicine and urgent care patients.
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Attend medical staff meetings and conferences as required.
- Provides physician leadership and training.
- Refers appropriate tertiary care to specialists.
- Maintain hospital privileges
- Keep abreast of current developments and trends in the field of internal medicine.
- 20% of workweek will consist of administration responsibilities
- Administratively manage and develop all clinicians and team leads, ensuring effective orientation of new staff members which includes guidance, oversight and feedback to new clinicians, as may be required. Conduct evaluations of the clinical staff.
- Work with the Recruitment Department to maintain appropriate staffing in the Internal Medicine and Specialty Department and conduct initial interviews for all clinical staff.
- Functions as the liaison between members of the department’s staff and ECHC executive management. Develop and implement a schedule for providers, ensuring adequate coverage within the department, especially during times of peak volume and/or paid-time off. Additionally, maintain an effective on-call schedule.
- Ensure that all the activities within the Internal Medicine Department meet or exceed ECHC’s requirements for quality health care and safety as well as federal, state and local regulatory compliance policies. Monitor patient care programs and evaluate efficiency of these programs. Review and update all departmental policies and procedures annually.
- Conduct quarterly chart audits evaluating provider performance. This includes monitoring provider productivity and implementing changes to increase efficiency. Develop and implement clinical corrective action plans when necessary.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Committee; Work with Quality Improvement team on monitoring and meeting federal and other metrics.
- Recommends and justifies the purchase of needed medical equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of Primary care experience
- New York Medical License
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- DEA license or ability to obtain post hire
- Strong interpersonal skills and maintain positive attitude
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (No employee contribution for health benefits)
- Eligible for Federal Loan Repayment Program (Up to $50,000 for 2-year contract)
- DIscretionary Bonus Program
- Paid relocation expenses
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) allowance
- Up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Up to 1 week of Paid Sick time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Short term and Long term disability
- Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance